PDA

View Full Version : VERY Remedial Question

jetpilot8
12-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Ok, I know this will probably seem VERY basic and most likely is but I cannot seem to find it none-the-less. So here is my question, is there a way to easily get the x,y,z coordinates of a particular item you have selected whether it be a single piece of geometry or one entire group on the same layer in Modeler? :confused:

I am sure many are thinking DUH, how basic! But I am just stuck on a dead brain cell or something today....and cannot find it.

Thanks for any and all help! I totally appreciate it! :D

hrgiger
12-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Well you can get the coordinates of individual points in modeler. Just use the info button under the display tab with some points selected. It will tell you the X,Y, and Z coordinates of each individual point. Not sure about the entire object though, since an object would generally span many different coordinates. If you mean the pivot point of the object, I'm not sure how to ascertain it's exact coordinates but it's placed at 0,0,0 by default I believe.

jetpilot8
12-01-2003, 03:30 PM
--hrgiger--

Ahh, yes that is it. It was driving me crazy and too think I was only missing the part of viewing by points rather than poly etc. to get the needed information. I can now get the necessary info for each location on the various planes that I was trying to acquire.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it! :D I hope I can be of help to you in some way in the future!