PDA

View Full Version : Move plus ?

magiclight
01-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi!

Why is "Move plus" not in the keyboard shortcut list ? at least I cannot find it (2015), Translate plus is there but no Move plus, is there anyway to make a shortcut for this ?

Slartibartfast
01-31-2015, 02:42 AM
search for "translate" in keyboard shortcuts.
How do I know that? I went into "edit menu layout" and clicked on Move plus, then clicked FIND :-)

Sensei
01-31-2015, 02:53 AM
is there anyway to make a shortcut for this ?

Edit > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts, and search for tool, and assign..

magiclight
01-31-2015, 03:08 AM
I know, the problem is that there is no "Move plus" in the list of available commands on the left side, I have "Translate plus" but no "Move plus" in the list, do you have that ?

If I enter "plus" in the search box only "translate plus" show up, no "move plus"

JoePoe
01-31-2015, 09:56 AM
Right.... So what Slartibartfast is saying is that "Translate" is in fact Move Plus.
Search for Translate, assign a shortcut and try it. It'll call up Move Plus. (I just tested) :)

magiclight
01-31-2015, 12:00 PM
Ah, ok, that explains it, got confused because there is both Move plus and Translate plus in the menu, ok, thanks.

Edit: At least on my 2015 "Move plus" and "Translate plus" are very different, they do not work the same way, but maybe something has gone bonkers with my configuration.
And if you did mean the normal Translate (t) it is not the same either, "Move plus" has RMB drag to move points along the normals, "Translate" does not do that.

JoePoe
01-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes Move Plus and Translate Plus are different tools. We are not talking about Translate Plus here.
And no, I didn't mean the normal "t". That tool is officially called "Move Tool"... not Translate.
(yeah, I know... Move Tool uses "t". What can I say...Lightwave is weird. Hey "y" is the major rotate tool so you can't be that surprised :D)..

So.
Do something like this in shortcuts..... 126786

Now when I hit Shift-Option-m I get a check mark next to Move plus.... it's active. 126787
See the Shift-Option-M designation next to the tool. :thumbsup:

magiclight
02-01-2015, 02:05 AM
Ah, it takes time to learn an old dog new tricks, sorry, I get it now.

It is interesting that they did name Move plus Translate though, anyway, thanks for explaining that.