PDA

View Full Version : CAn I run out of explosions ?

rednova
01-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Dear Friends:
I have been watching the video 'advanced explosion techniques' with Emile Edwin Smith.
I have the newtekniques issue on making explosions with lightwave (I believe is Dave Jerrard).
I have the pyromania cd, with explosion footage ready to be used in lightwave.
I have used the pyromania just to check the explosions in rendering.
I have not made the full explosion yet, but I believe I can easily make it.
I am afraid that, when I start making explosions, the later explosions will look similar to the ones I
first make. I am afraid I will run out of explosions, that my explosions will all look the same.
Any thoughts about this ?

ernpchan
01-29-2015, 07:06 PM
If you layer and space out when you recycle explosions you should be OK. Add additional elements like flying debris and shot specific destruction and you should be OK.

prometheus
01-30-2015, 05:46 AM
I guess that is the nature of things, you only got so much stock photage, so..you could simple require more, then follow what ernpchan says.

rotating photage might help give variations though the main style explosion will be recognized.

other than that, create your own with fluids perhaps, if you can afford it and deal with simulation and render times, then you can construct your explosions as you want...almost:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEffC2nj7xE

Surrealist.
01-30-2015, 04:04 PM
You can also make explosions from several elements. Not just one. This would look better in a lot of cases. Basically construct them from several pieces of footage and add other elements (particles maybe even textures). In this way you could recombine in an infinite number of ways.