PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Mouse FFX help needed

tonyrizo2003
01-29-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't typically open myself up to critiques but am willing to as I need some help with trying to get a decent FFX look, critiques are welcome as long as they are constructive.

magiclight
01-29-2015, 12:22 PM
I think he looks a little to "nice" to be a zombie mouse, not sure what to do about it though, maybe some ugly teeth or something, on the other hand maybe you are not after a real nasty zombie mouse.

jwiede
01-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Yeah, a bit difficult to critique without a better notion of the context where you want to use it, and target audience.

jasonwestmas
01-30-2015, 07:10 PM
I think something like this is all about the subtle features. I would grab some photo reference of some kind even if it is meant to be stylized. Feels a little too CG and uniform in the fur for my taste.

Davewriter
01-30-2015, 08:15 PM
From an Itchy and Scratchy or Wile E Coyote direction, I'm liking it. Along with Jason, the fur could be maybe mucked up more. I'd like to see more of it - or the finished bit. That eye bulging moment when it hits that he's biting himself...

Surrealist.
01-30-2015, 10:26 PM
The skin is too procedural looking. Looks more like candy than zombie skin. Something like this could benefit from a sculpt in Zbrush/3Dcoat and 3D painting, even if stylized. I kinda like the eyes though.

On the fur, maybe a mouse that was a zombie might have tighter but more patchy fur, like dog mange.

If you want to stick with the skin solution as is, I'd say tone it down a bit, loose the green entirely and apply it also as a bump or displacement map using subdivision surfaces. With the right settings you could probably pull something off decent. I'd say have a look at some of the presets available for ideas.

Ma3rk
01-31-2015, 11:09 AM
Generally I like him. As others have implied though, I think he looks a bit too "healthy". Perhaps more motley fur and more ragged edges to the bare spots such as the top & around his muzzle, assuming that's what those are.

tonyrizo2003
02-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I also shared him on lightwiki and well here is a message I just posted to FB.

So a couple of things have happened with the zombie mouse, I asked for some help with the fur and wow!! I got it!! See for yourself! The fur and extra texturing was created by Rene Falk Thomasius. The one with the barrel was my original, and here is a link to the original artist Alison http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Zombie-Mouse.

Surrealist.
02-02-2015, 01:21 AM
Nice improvements. :)