PDA

View Full Version : Dp instance alignment issues

m.d.
01-27-2015, 04:31 PM
I am instancing some spheres with textures to an object....using DP instance

No matter what I seem to do....as I rotate the object (not the instanced object) the instances rotate around their center, and the texture that should face the object is pointing away.

I want to align then to Surface normal...which I have set.
I have them set to local, and the mode set to transformed and displaced.

As I move the object...the instances respect the proper position....but if I rotate the object, the instances seems to rotate opposite it. It is though they are remembering the direction of the surface normal at rotation 0,0,0,

In fact the only time the instances are truly aligned to surface normal's, is when the object has zero rotation applied.

I have tried offset nulls, so the object has no rotation in local space.....with no luck. I have tried parenting the instance object to offsets, and to the object itself with no luck.

dpont
01-28-2015, 02:50 AM
Do you speak about DP Instancer?
Except command names,
very different from DP Instance considering
this kind of effect,
I fixed a breackage in DP Instancer today,
may be related to Alignment too.

Denis.

m.d.
01-28-2015, 08:52 AM
sorry Dennis,

Yes Dp Instancer.

I will try later today
Thanks

m.d.
01-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Appears to have fixed the issue...

Thanks Dennis

m.d.
01-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Although there is still an issue where the instanced object does not seem to respect local transforms.....i.e. it acts as if it is in global no matter the mode, so the instanced object can not be moved out of the way/out of camera for rendering (octane and others)

dpont
01-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Although there is still an issue where the instanced object does not seem to respect local transforms...

Yes I expect myself this behavior and this is how it worked before..
..this should be fixed now.

Denis.