PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Plugin

velvetculture
01-26-2015, 08:09 PM
I just downloaded DP Verdure and went to add the plugin, but it does not show up in utilities. I am operating on 64-bit and have the correct plugin. I have also closed and reopened the application. Am I doing something wrong here?

Additional information: In the "Edit Plugin" window, there is a "P" in the "Lock" column.

ernpchan
01-26-2015, 08:53 PM
You probably need to add the plugin button manually to your menu. You can do that through Edit Menu.

Sensei
01-26-2015, 09:10 PM
I just downloaded DP Verdure and went to add the plugin, but it does not show up in utilities.

Why do you think it'll show up in Utilities?
What is important is whether you have message "0 plugins found in file" or something else instead of 0.
If it's non 0, plugin has been added correctly.
Where it's located in hierarchy is another story.
You have to search for it.
Edit Menu Layout, and search for "Verdure" or "DP" or something similar.

velvetculture
01-27-2015, 05:27 AM
I went into the "Edit" -> "Edit Menu Layout"
I found the Plugins on the Left portion and added them to the Right portion. For future reference it is located in the "Create" tab.

Thank you for the help.

bobakabob
01-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Why do you think it'll show up in Utilities?
What is important is whether you have message "0 plugins found in file" or something else instead of 0.
If it's non 0, plugin has been added correctly.
Where it's located in hierarchy is another story.
You have to search for it.
Edit Menu Layout, and search for "Verdure" or "DP" or something similar.

In earlier versions of LW this clunky process of loading a plugin and *then* having to search for it to add to the GUI was not exactly user friendly.

Is it my imagination or are all new plugins added to LW 2015 automatically being assigned in the GUI... This has been my experience with 3rd Powers plugins? Definitely a big improvement especially for those new to LW.

Sensei
01-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Plugin using tag can tell LW where it should be located in hierarchy since ever.