PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wheel zoom

magiclight
01-26-2015, 05:15 AM
Under Interface you can set if you want mouse wheel to work for zoom, but as far as I can tell this only works on Modeler, not in Layout, is it only working in Modeler or is there some other setting to enable it in Layout ?

SPICE
01-26-2015, 06:26 AM
in Perspective Mode =
MMB + ALT Key

MSherak
01-26-2015, 10:45 AM
Default is CTRL-ALT left mouse button in any viewport other than camera and light will zoom in Layout. Reason why Layout does not have a mouse zoom like Modeler is that the wheel is used to change between tool types of move, scale and rotate. Other 3D packages have it as zoom all the time since you really don't have a MODE your in. Modeling vs Scene. Bad thing about that is you have to make sure to lock your items, like the camera, incase you hit the button. Each package has their own uniqueness.

Andy Webb
01-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Personally I would like the choice in Layout between wheel zoom or tools, not having wheel zoom in Layout seems a bit lame to me.

magiclight
01-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I have to disable that, I get used to it in modeler and then I try to use it in layout also and mess everything up.

Andy Webb
01-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I have to disable that, I get used to it in modeler and then I try to use it in layout also and mess everything up.

I have the same issue, never got the habit of using the mouse wheel to change tools

jeric_synergy
01-26-2015, 11:15 AM
If you want WHEEL ZOOM in Modeler, but not in Layout, you can implement it in AHK.

AHK can have specific tool sets for EVERY application that has the focus, and it switches automatically (of course).

See the AHK threads in the scripting forum.

Also, AHK can be used to INTERCEPT/PREVENT default behaviours that are not accessible to the hotkey editor.

Andy Webb
01-26-2015, 11:21 AM
I want wheel zoom in both, 2015 has wheel zoom built into modeller no more need for AHK, but no wheel zoom in Layout...

MSherak
01-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Personally I would like the choice in Layout between wheel zoom or tools, not having wheel zoom in Layout seems a bit lame to me.

Place a request for it with the LWDev team.

Personally I would not like a wheel zoom in Layout. If fact I wish in Maya I could mouse wheel between tools.. Something I have always liked about Layout.

jeric_synergy
01-27-2015, 08:34 PM
MSherak, it'd be interesting to know if AHK could intercept your mwheel actions b4 maya gets aholta them.

I don't see how mwheel tool selection would be good, since there's so many tools. Modes, limited to 3, seems a more reasonable #, but whatev works.