PDA

View Full Version : Unknown command (Genoma 2) ?

magiclight
01-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Hi!

I am sure I am doing something silly, just not sure of what yet.

I tried to rig a character with a standard Genoma 2 biped rig in modeler (first time I do this), but when I try to create the rig in layout, I get:
Unknown command "Generic_Py_ConvertTagsToNulls".

Anyone have a clue to what I am doing wrong ?

I will try again but it takes some time to rig the character, I cannot see anything abvious wrong with it and I followed Lino's videos:
https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/article/genoma-2-for-character-animation-in-lightwave-2015/
But maybe I missed something, have to check again I guess.

Ooops: I just noticed that there is a 3D character animation section, maybe I should have put it there.

magiclight
01-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Ok, it is fixed now I think , found the solution in the 3D character animation forum, some layout plugins for Genoma 2 are not installed for some reason so they have to be added manually, look like it is working now.

Schwyhart
10-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Can you explain this? Where can I find these plugins?
I just ran into this and I thought it was something I did wrong.

jeric_synergy
10-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Ok, it is fixed now I think , found the solution in the 3D character animation forum, some layout plugins for Genoma 2 are not installed for some reason so they have to be added manually, look like it is working now.
You should bug report it, and maybe ask Lino here about it, as he seems to be the caretaker for all things Genoma.

Which "3d character animation forum" are you referring to? The one here?

DogBoy
10-29-2015, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I had that this week. I ended up reinstalling.

magiclight
10-29-2015, 03:00 AM
Sorry, I should have put the link to the post where I found the answer, what I meant was the "Character Animation Tips & Tricks" forum section.

Lino told that there is a problem (was, not sure if it's still there) in LW 2015 that it did not always install all plugins for Genoma 2 so you had to do it manually, I will see if I can find the original post again.

Added:
I think this is the one:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144964-LW-2015-Genoma-Problems&highlight=ConvertTagsToNulls

jeric_synergy
10-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Thanks magiclight, much appreciated (since hunting things on the forum is, errrrr, sub-optimal). ;) :cursin: