PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Windows Holographic

The Dommo
01-21-2015, 01:17 PM
So, here is the sort-of non-Google replacement for Google Glass - and so many cool things could be done with this, including uses for 3D modelling. Maybe for LW2016?

Ok, so bearing in mind the promo video is clearly pre-rendered and compositied 3D, but still....
Fair play to Microsoft for doing some cool stuff.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2391448/windows-holographic-blurs-windows-10-with-the-real-world

Enjoy!
Dom

ernesttx
01-21-2015, 02:01 PM
The live presentation had someone building a 3D drone helicopter by piecing together generic 3D shapes that were "glued" together to make a final form. They then 3D printed the object and flew it.

Huge potential for 3D modeling. They were demo'ing software called Halo Studio. So, only a matter of time before other companies use the tech. The APIs are supposedly built into Windows 10. So they will be there if LW wants to use them.

jwiede
01-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Personally, I think it is extremely cool, but I'm also quite biased. :D

Ernest
01-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Personally, I think it is extremely cool, but I'm also quite biased. :D

Nah; I'm afraid it just is extremely cool no matter how you look at it.
Can't wait to play Dejarik. I never realistically hoped that it would happen in my lifetime.

stevecullum
01-21-2015, 05:29 PM
This makes oculus rift feel dated before it's even been released! Amazing tech if it lives up to the demo vids.