PDA

View Full Version : LW Brush vs. Modo pt2

brent3d
01-20-2015, 11:52 PM
A closer look at the Grab tool in Lightwave 2015's LW Brush plugin by 3rd Powers.com and Modo's Move mesh sculpt tool.

LW Brush
http://www.3rdpowers.com/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoG06LCN8oQ

mav3rick
01-21-2015, 02:50 AM
while you are in vs videos... it would be cool to make another what to improve video since i found there is some UI things LWB could improve like better handling PUSH PULL switch as i dont like to change my brush size to make switch btw push and pull... i would rather like keyboard combo for switching mods .. while weare there, 3rd powers could put color indicator to help you visualize are you in push or pull so for example push could be RED brush circle and pull could be BLUE circle... as i say i would like not to change my brush size to switch modes but rather would put ctrl or alt or some keyboard action into tools... ah and just my 2 cents not to use this background music :) but dont mind that .. its just me getting older

Andy Webb
01-21-2015, 03:48 AM
while you are in vs videos... it would be cool to make another what to improve video since i found there is some UI things LWB could improve like better handling PUSH PULL switch as i dont like to change my brush size to make switch btw push and pull... i would rather like keyboard compo for switching mods .. while weare there, 3rd powers could put color indicator to help you visualize are you in push or pull so for example push could be RED brush circle and pull could be BLUE circle... as i say i would like not to change my brush size to switch modes but rather would put ctrl or alt or some keyboard action into tools... ah and just my 2 cents not to use this background music :) but dont mind that .. its just me getting older

Good idea, I think that all those suggestions would be an improvement...

prometheus
01-21-2015, 04:39 AM
Yeah..a better presentation this time.:thumbsup:

I donīt think there was a similar tool like the flatten tool in modo?
I could use the free sculptris though for a lot of standard sculpting tools, it has flatten and much more, but it donīt work in subpatch mode and you of course have to switch and save out all the time.

To brent...could you perhaps make a simple rock shape and showcase the slicing tools, where pieces can be fractured? sure I saw it initially in 3rd powers demo..but it would be nice to see it while you present it.

mav3rick
01-21-2015, 05:07 AM
ah and hopefully NT can get step ahead and enable 3rd party developers use intersection points while in subpatch mode to be able to grab and move around just like native DRAG POINTS work instead using cage points as it works now for 3rd party plugins

Ryan Roye
01-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Yeah..a better presentation this time.

Agreed, enjoyed the comparative analysis and it gives people important info that could help their purchase decisions regarding the toolset.

Wade
01-21-2015, 02:45 PM
I like your first as well - thanks for your efforts on them both.

jwiede
01-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Yeah..a better presentation this time.:thumbsup:

Agreed 100%, I found the second comparison video much more concise and topic info-dense, which I really appreciated.