PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Dynamics on a Roulette Wheel

Columbo24
01-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Hi
I'm doing a roulette wheel tutorial. I'm using Bullet Dynamics and I can't get the ball to spin on the wheel. It rolls down the wheel and bounces away from the roulette wheel. It should rotate with the wheel and bounce, but it rolls down in a straight line with a little bounce and then at the end flies off the table. I have the table animated to spin around 4 revolutions in 200 frames. I applied move TCB to wheel. I made it kinematic. With the ball I made rigid. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Should I be using the hard FX? The tutorial was older and used hard FX instead of bullet.
Also when using bullet can I keyframe an end point? Like if I wanted the ball to land on an exact number. If you can how would I key frame using Bullet?
Thanks
Bill

pinkmouse
01-17-2015, 02:40 AM
Bullet is fussy about scale, so if you made the wheel to real world dimensions it will be far too small. Go back into modeller and scale everything up by, say, 1000%, then try again.

As for dropping on an exact number, do the reverse. UV map the wheel, then apply the map after Bullet simulation, and you can make it drop on any number you want.