PDA

View Full Version : Huge library of high quality models cheap! Let's make this happen

PeteS
01-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Not sure if this was posted already, but this is an amazing deal for anyone to upgrade their library! The price is unbelievable for the amount you get as well as the quality, but he needs 300 sales to make it happen.
http://my3dtools.net

chikega
01-15-2015, 03:03 PM
I already went through that rigmarole one time before ....

Megalodon2.0
01-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Already a thread on this:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144836-50-3D-models-for-34-95-instead-of-1495-50

I'm in as well as many others. Great collection and it is MORE than worth it - "rigmarole" aside. And since Fred Tepper is involved, I think I'll trust him.

PeteS
01-15-2015, 09:34 PM
I already went through that rigmarole one time before ....

I understand. I joined up the last time and it fell through. But this time, it's no cut off. He just needs to hit 300 sales to release the models.
Wish he did this first, as I am afraid some people will be turned off to it. But it is well worth the hoops to jump through

So...come on...join in and let's get it!

djwaterman
01-15-2015, 11:26 PM
I don't understand all the distrust that got generated by the first failed effort, as if a scam artist would choose to sell high quality 3D models to the Lightwave community as a way of making the big bucks. Talk about niche scamming, or whatever it was that people were suspecting them of doing, because it seemed to me pretty cut and dried that they tried something and it didn't work out because demand was a smidgen to low (probably because it's targeted at the Lightwave market).

Lito
01-15-2015, 11:45 PM
Most definitely a good number will be turned off. I know I am one and the no cut off is the big reason. It could take a long time to hit that number. I'll check again if it can get past say around 90% I will reconsider. I estimate it is at around ~1/6 of the way or about 50 orders. I am also not a fan of the progress bar, I would much prefer an actual counter.

Megalodon2.0
01-15-2015, 11:53 PM
Most definitely a good number will be turned off. I know I am one and the no cut off is the big reason. It could take a long time to hit that number. I'll check again if it can get past say around 90% I will reconsider. I estimate it is at around ~1/6 of the way or about 50 orders. I am also not a fan of the progress bar, I would much prefer an actual counter.

If you actually READ the info on his site, you can cancel your order at ANY time if you think it's taking too long. :dance:

Lito
01-16-2015, 08:29 AM
If you actually READ the info on his site, you can cancel your order at ANY time if you think it's taking too long. :dance:
I do know that but I am sure like many people here, really do want the models, so I know myself well enough that once I do place the order I doubt I'd cancel unless the progress started going in the other direction from people cancelling. For me a date of delivery is more important for a sense of trust. The last promo was more consumer friendly, you were either getting a refund or the models on this date and honestly if he said they were going to extend it a week to see if they could get the numbers, I would have happily waited, but open ended deals like this that have a required minimum of sales make me uneasy so till it gets close enough to the end I don't see myself placing an order (as you can tell I am not a big fan of the groupon model ;)).

djwaterman: I don't think it's about distrust from a failed first effort. I think it's more of a it didn't work the first time with a higher price point, so can he really get the numbers he wants at a lower price and if so how long would that take? If people start canceling then like the stock market, it'll probably cause this a wave of cancellations and it'll take even longer to get to the numbers.

Personally I think he would have better off after the first promo to email the buyers and say "Thanks for participating, we didn't hit our goal, but if you are still interested, you can buy the pack for $49.99 with this one time use coupon". I think he would have made more money and then he could have sold the pack on his site for $69.99 or higher for the people who didn't participate.

Megalodon2.0
01-16-2015, 02:01 PM
I do know that but I am sure like many people here, really do want the models, so I know myself well enough that once I do place the order I doubt I'd cancel unless the progress started going in the other direction from people cancelling. For me a date of delivery is more important for a sense of trust. The last promo was more consumer friendly, you were either getting a refund or the models on this date and honestly if he said they were going to extend it a week to see if they could get the numbers, I would have happily waited, but open ended deals like this that have a required minimum of sales make me uneasy so till it gets close enough to the end I don't see myself placing an order (as you can tell I am not a big fan of the groupon model ;)).

To each his own. But considering the price for so many highly detailed models... a little of a wait is hardly a high price to pay. And really... do you NEED any of these models right at this minute? A SMALL price to pay at $30 and now I will forget about it. And if it takes a month or two or three (etc.) it's not like it's going to kill me or annoy me. It's "out of sight, out of mind" and WHEN they do reach the goal I will be pleasantly surprised to all of a sudden have those models. And for $30.... the waiting is no big deal at all. Seems a little more like "cutting off your nose to spite your face" since you could have these models with a little bit of "wait time." But as I said, to each his own.

Lito
01-16-2015, 07:05 PM
To each his own. But considering the price for so many highly detailed models... a little of a wait is hardly a high price to pay. And really... do you NEED any of these models right at this minute? A SMALL price to pay at $30 and now I will forget about it. And if it takes a month or two or three (etc.) it's not like it's going to kill me or annoy me. It's "out of sight, out of mind" and WHEN they do reach the goal I will be pleasantly surprised to all of a sudden have those models. And for $30.... the waiting is no big deal at all. Seems a little more like "cutting off your nose to spite your face" since you could have these models with a little bit of "wait time." But as I said, to each his own.
True I don't need them now, but there are better uses for that money than giving it to someone for a product with possibly a month or more wait for delivery. For me there is no spite involved, always a clear and defined answer to the question "what's the best use for the money at this moment?"

jwiede
01-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Seems a little more like "cutting off your nose to spite your face" since you could have these models with a little bit of "wait time."

You may not consider $30 much money, but just because others value it higher doesn't make it reasonable to declare spite as their primary motivation.

Megalodon2.0
01-16-2015, 08:57 PM
You may not consider $30 much money, but just because others value it higher doesn't make it reasonable to declare spite as their primary motivation.

Well since his original objection had NOTHING to do with the cost, but more with the time limit involved... Had he said something about the money right away, then yes I would agree. But IMO your assertion in this case is way off.

shrox
01-16-2015, 09:48 PM
I am waiting.

I have my reasons that are not clear to me.

SteveH
01-16-2015, 10:00 PM
I am waiting.

Oh man....I LOVE that phrase. I will definitely use that in the future - Thanks shrox!

Megalodon2.0
01-16-2015, 10:01 PM
I am waiting.

Meditate. Come the answer will. :yoda: