PDA

View Full Version : INSYDIUM X-Particles for Lightwave. Possibly!

cove
01-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi again.
Here is the correct info regarding INSYDIUM X-Particles.
Demo video here
http://www.x-particles.com/
I emailed the company to ask if there would be a Lightwave plugin version.
This is the actual reply that i got-----

"Thank you for your interest in X-Particles.
We are evaluating other 3D applications to port X-Particles 3 to, we have not made any final decision yet. We have to gauge interest and
possible sales to support the cost of porting. This will be decided after X-Particles 3 is released early 2015."

If your any thing like me and love special effects software then you may find this software worth keeping an eye on.
Regards. KEN.

prometheus
01-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Depends on if the particle system can be made to work with either bullet dynamics, or have it work with itīs own hardbody,rigid,fractured bodies.

I would also like to see a particle system that works with a fluid system like turbulenceFD, currently lightwave native particles can drive the fluids as emission particles, but turbulenceFD can not drive lightwave particles (particle advection) it
has been said it will arrive for lightwave in some version, but it hasnīt arrived yet, turbulenceFD and particle advection only works for the cinema4d platform.

if I get some time over, I will do some research on the x-particles, and if it sounds like something that can work flexible within lightwave, I might send them a mail too..to gather interest.
Deep inside my head I have fantasies about the lw team taking care of lightwave particles inside of lightwave though:) just fantasies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpvZyikRqY

jwiede
01-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Hi again.
Here is the correct info regarding INSYDIUM X-Particles.
Demo video here
http://www.x-particles.com/
I emailed the company to ask if there would be a Lightwave plugin version.
This is the actual reply that i got-----

"Thank you for your interest in X-Particles.
We are evaluating other 3D applications to port X-Particles 3 to, we have not made any final decision yet. We have to gauge interest and
possible sales to support the cost of porting. This will be decided after X-Particles 3 is released early 2015."

I love X-Particles, use it extensively on C4D, and v3 is looking pretty amazing. However, that's a boilerplate answer if I ever saw one, a nice way for them to respond without actually promising anything.

Would I love to see X-Particles on LW? Sure, it'd be a huge improvement over pfx & hypervoxels, frankly. I'm just not holding my breath for a port to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

if I get some time over, I will do some research on the x-particles

You really should, it's a pretty amazing package, and I think you'll quite like the features they're working on in v3 (now in beta for C4D).

prometheus
01-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Would I love to see X-Particles on LW? Sure, it'd be a huge improvement over pfx & hypervoxels, frankly. I'm just not holding my breath for a port to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

You really should, it's a pretty amazing package, and I think you'll quite like the features they're working on in v3 (now in beta for C4D).

As you said you believe, and what I suspect too...donīt think it will be ported..but who knows.
Investing in cinema4d is a no no at the current time...perhaps in the future, I will however take the time to research current tech anyway.
Michael