PDA

View Full Version : Hotkeynet and 3play

sharynf
01-14-2015, 04:40 AM
I have a vintage 3play 330 I wondered if anyone had any experience with http://www.hotkeynet.com/index.html as a simply way to provide some degree of remote control or integration with other PC based systems. I know the latest and greatest models have a lot more features, but wondered what people might be doing with some of the original 3play units

Sharyn

PIZAZZ
01-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Sharyn

If you really want to stretch the life out of the 330, I would suggest you contact Dhomas at Youngmonkey.ca and see what he can offer you in his MasterControl product. I seem to remember he implemented control options for older 3Play machines. That might help you.

There are not many Keyboard shortcuts for the 330, most of it was driven by the control surface. ESPECIALLY on the 330 I would not suggest adding any 3rd party software on it. Fine tuned is an understatement on that box's hardware/software combination. The 330 works to the limit of the software and hardware with little overhead. The newer models are just as fine tuned but have much more headroom in them due to the newer architecture.

sharynf
01-15-2015, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, and the caution
Really appreciate that
Sharyn