PDA

View Full Version : 3D Create & Print.

Paul_Boland
01-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Hi Folks.

Just saw an ad on the telly for this:
http://www.3dprinter-collection.com/
It's a weekly magazine that allows you to create your own 3D printer. I am an early backer for the Micro 3D Printer so I'm not really going to collect this magazine, I might pick up the first issue just to see what it is like. But others here might be interested in this.

souzou
01-14-2015, 05:55 AM
I have to say I really dislike those magazines that take forever to give you all the pieces for a model/etc. If you read the FAQ it's 90 issues (weekly) so that's nearly 2 years before you can complete your printer, and it'll cost you in total 640. How much will a 3d printer cost in 2 years time (and how much better quality will they be by then)?

50one
01-14-2015, 06:59 AM
I have to say I really dislike those magazines that take forever to give you all the pieces for a model/etc. If you read the FAQ it's 90 issues (weekly) so that's nearly 2 years before you can complete your printer, and it'll cost you in total 640. How much will a 3d printer cost in 2 years time (and how much better quality will they be by then)?

Not to mention that for sure there will be some issues missing, parts missing or duplicated lol.

Stupid idea I would rather spend those money on actual product.

Paul_Boland
01-14-2015, 01:42 PM
If I wasn't a Micro 3D Printer backer I would be tempted to collect this. I think it would be fun to actually build the printer. But I agree, 90 issues is a long time and then if you missed issues, lost parts, etc. I do think the magazine could be interesting though. I'll be in town on Saturday and will pick up the first issue to check out the magazine more than the printer assembly.