PDA

View Full Version : Weird and Mysterious Polys in Layout - INSTANCER Issue?

Filmdesigner
01-10-2015, 04:50 AM
I am getting a bug in one in every five renders in all of my scenes that use the INSTANCER plugin. I make this assumption as it seems to only effect the scenes with instances.

I get a huge poly shooting off in a random direction that behaves exactly like other polls (shadows, geometry etc...) but doesn't exist. This poly will disappear if I kill the instanced objects or make a TINY adjustment.

I can change the shape of the poly by adjusting the Instances settings or visibility.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Cheers.

Update: I have just switched off all INSTANCES and the issue still exists. I believe the issue concerns the SHIFT CAMERA (possibly with INSTANCER) but will keep trying to replicate the issue.

lertola2
01-10-2015, 09:32 AM
I would suspect some kind of corruption in one of your models. Maybe try tripling your objects. Also try merge points and unify polys.

Dexter2999
01-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Is the huge poly the one that looks like a hill behind the house blocking out a second house?

Filmdesigner
01-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Yeppo. Big weird-assed thing. Ive changed view and the poly is still there. I have tripled all of my models and will check cohesion of the surfaces....
This could be a FormZ (modeller) to Lightwave thing....

Filmdesigner
01-10-2015, 07:57 PM
So. That trick worked. Merged points and removed 1500. This was on one of the older models that I hadn't checked again. I had previously cleaned this model but Ive been having trouble with the PACKAGE SCENE plugin and files aren't saving.... This model was an older version that somehow popped back up...