PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max-fury road

prometheus
01-09-2015, 10:43 AM
well...it looks visually spectacular, maybe to polished..donīt know until Ivé seen it of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

I see two great spectacular images, one with charlize theron, and one darn huge sand storm coming:) 1 great special effect and one great visual effect:D
I guess some nice fluids have been employed for that one, will be interesting to see how much cache that took on,( the sandstorm that is:) )
kick *** storm at 0:56

Itīs George miller back at it again, itīs a high risc of it being just polished .
I think the hardest part will be how the plot is received, dialogs..and of course, how Mad max is portraited?..that will be a tough one.
Otherwise we all know the story right...Cars, explosions, hippies screaming, lotīs of sand and killings.
But the looks of it by my first impressions, It looks cool.

number two "the road warrior" was the one I saw first, and at that year it was the coolest thing on the movies, and I hold it as the best of them.

some funny qoutes here with Charlize, when she says, "you want to get through this, do as I say"...it resembles Mel Gibson saying..."you want to get out of here...You talk to me"

Michael

shrox
01-09-2015, 06:32 PM
30 years later I finally Mad Maxed up my car. I hope this reboot doesn't spoil it all.

BokadCastle
01-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Lord Humungus - the ayatollah of rock n' rollah

Dexter2999
01-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I loved everything about the trailer....until I heard "wub, wub, wub" dubstep garbage.

BokadCastle
01-09-2015, 08:32 PM
post Apocalypse...peak oil, etc...did that happen, or will it happen?

still, all good fun, will buy cinema tickets.

CaptainMarlowe
01-09-2015, 11:46 PM
The shot at 1.45 looks horrible to me, completely fake and screaming CG ; even without stopping on a still picture, I found it was fake (mainly because of the guy passing in front of the flammes, I guess, and some reflects on the cars below). I guess I won't buy into it. What was one of the strengths of first Mad Max (the best one, IMHO, I found the sequel not as good and the third episode catastrophic), was that because of it's cheap effects, the stunts looked credible and participated efficiently in the post-apocalyptic feeling. Now, we will have over the top explosions just for the sake of it and I think that after the first "whoa" feeling it'll look more vintage and outdated than the first boot, because nothing gets outdated faster than CG FX... especially if they don"t support a narrative need and are just here to show that it was possible to have huge explosions.

meshpig
01-10-2015, 01:32 AM
... those days are gone here too. After 20 years of Hollywoodisation you can't name an Australian film worth a piece of cat crap. In those days even i was a better actor than Mel Gibson :)

prometheus
01-10-2015, 02:31 AM
30 years later I finally Mad Maxed up my car. I hope this reboot doesn't spoil it all.

too few men are sticked to the front of the car.

I am working on some stunts for the next Mad Michael....Itīs all real..I tellya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhOTDxoylII

CaptainMarlowe says it looks to fake somewhere..have to check that, cgi is safe...the only thing to worry about is getting your money for the effects done.
In real life it can turn bad, I think a stuntman actually died in one of the scenes for road warrior.
Edit...correction ..one guy got his leg broken badly.

BokadCastle
01-11-2015, 09:25 PM
... those days are gone here too. After 20 years of Hollywoodisation you can't name an Australian film worth a piece of cat crap. In those days even i was a better actor than Mel Gibson :)

Just watched news from the Golden Globes and "The Lego Movie" was both nominated and described as Australian-made. I've only seen snippets. Might be worth a piece of cat crap...or two.

JoePoe
01-12-2015, 02:42 PM
1:31 looks plenty real to me. Yikes!! :D

prometheus
01-13-2015, 03:09 AM
1:31 looks plenty real to me. Yikes!! :D

Thatīs special effects, but no stuntman would go there :D

safetyman
01-13-2015, 05:16 AM
The only thing that would turn me off with this film would be if Hollywood/Australiawood or whatever chickened out and made this PG-13. I understand you can potentially make more money by toning it down for a wider audience, but PG-13 "compromises" are ruining movies. 47 Ronin would have been 10 times better if you had actually seen some blood when someone took a sword to the gut. Same for World War Z -- you see more violence on the Walking Dead, not that I need violence, but still. Movie folks -- quit hamstringing movies and leave the good stuff in there.

MarcusM
01-13-2015, 06:17 AM
I alwasy was curious why Max was named Rockatansky (Maksymilian Rokatański) ;]

meshpig
01-17-2015, 04:16 AM
Just watched news from the Golden Globes and "The Lego Movie" was both nominated and described as Australian-made. I've only seen snippets. Might be worth a piece of cat crap...or two.

I knew that would come up... but wtf does "Australian made" mean? I remember the bike cop scene from Matrix being filmed down Pitt St. etc. Just saying.

meshpig
01-17-2015, 04:41 AM
... I mean what hope is there when the first question you're asked at the AFTRS is your take on various treatments of "Neighbours"? Hello.

- Yet great British actors line up for a spot on coro or eastenders. Terrible re-britishisation...?

meshpig
01-17-2015, 05:17 AM
... What you can no longer find is the "original" mad max, as it were. The late 70's B&W thingo which ended with the sentiments of the
'road warrior'.

meshpig
01-17-2015, 05:33 AM
... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6rG4NmsyM

This aint it though. Montaged into oblivion... rough as guts flick worthy of de hollywooding :)

BokadCastle
01-17-2015, 02:00 PM
...I remember the bike cop scene from Matrix being filmed down Pitt St. etc. Just saying.

I remember the helicopter scenes...done on a Saturday morning. Plus nearly everything else.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/locations

meshpig
01-18-2015, 12:17 AM
I remember the helicopter scenes...done on a Saturday morning. Plus nearly everything else.

Just trying to think Rozelle... the old Palmolive factory or the White Bay power station? Seems like a long time ago.

shrox
01-18-2015, 12:34 AM
When I first saw Mad Max at the drive-in theater in the USA, it was dubbed in "English".

Greenlaw
01-18-2015, 01:44 AM
When I first saw Mad Max at the drive-in theater in the USA, it was dubbed in "English".
Yes, I remember that! At the time it made me wonder if the movie had been originally made in a 'foreign' language. U.S. film distributors worry about the silliest things. :)

G.

prometheus
01-18-2015, 04:46 AM
I loved the aussie dialect in the movie from some characters in the road warrior, it sounds funny..and it gave the movie a certain atmosphere :)

meshpig
01-19-2015, 12:34 AM

I don't recall there being that much dialogue in Mad Max "1"... :) You mean 2 where they're out in western NSW with what's his name in the Gyrocopter... in any case
"English" as in 'Figguuuuur" for figure and 'thorrrrow" for thorough, whilst indeed being English is worthy of status Dialect.

One of my favourites is "predate"; to be a predator where "pre date" , as in come before then needs an hard T at the end to distinguish it syntagmatically. So like you get DefenDANT, HusBEND, PregNENT, WePPEN if you get my drift?

More curious is how because NZ ( new zealand ) is on the date line, their vowel advancement is considered more yankee than the wollongong colonials, maaaate. Or is that Mutt, Mitt, Mett, Mott?

meshpig
01-19-2015, 12:59 AM
... "SeccenT" (second) is another piece of american dialect not likely to affect anything:... Countless scenes where Hollywood insists people speak with their mouthful though, like in the Matrix where the young Tom Sawyer char tells Neo how he coded the woman in the red dress, is another thing.

meshpig
01-19-2015, 01:52 AM
... just saying. Tarantino's "death proof" indeed has a full 10 minute scene where the chicks are doing nothing but speaking with their mouthfull :)

shrox
01-19-2015, 12:12 PM
No I mean Mad Max (1). There was plenty of dialog. It was dubbed over for American audiences. If you've never lived in America, you don't know how whiny we can be about minor things.

Greenlaw
01-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Yes, the original Mad Max, the film before The Road Warrior (as it was called here in the States,) and it actually had plenty of dialog in it. The story is that the American distributor at the time felt the Australian accent would be too confusing for an American audience, so they dubbed the movie using actors with American accents. Mel Gibson sounds really goofy in it.

G.

BokadCastle
01-19-2015, 10:24 PM
At this point it's worth mentioning the people who make the magic - Animal Logic here in Sydney.

http://www.animallogic.com/

They speak 39 different languages including G'day.

meshpig
01-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Yes, the original Mad Max, the film before The Road Warrior (as it was called here in the States,) and it actually had plenty of dialog in it. The story is that the American distributor at the time felt the Australian accent would be too confusing for an American audience, so they dubbed the movie using actors with American accents. Mel Gibson sounds really goofy in it.

G.

That'd be a laugh, like to see that but I'm guessing it isn't on the tube. A bit like Richard III was never released in the US 'cos there was no Richard I & II.

meshpig
01-21-2015, 12:56 AM
At this point it's worth mentioning the people who make the magic - Animal Logic here in Sydney.

http://www.animallogic.com/

They speak 39 different languages including G'day.

Nice site. Didn't they used to be in Adelaide now obviously Warner? One of our crew is in Silverton SA finishing a doc on the camels...

meshpig
01-21-2015, 01:40 AM
If you've never lived in America, you don't know how whiny we can be about minor things.

... spent a few years there as a kid. San Diego, Chicago and the City of Boston... I still recall though the 3 cop cars which arrived in our San Diego cul de sac all with guns drawn over us 2 five year olds having a scrap over one of those pedal cars we all used to have. Lasting impressions?; probably worse for some reason than my memory of Cape Town high in Apartheid. You can be so lucky.

meshpig
01-21-2015, 02:32 AM
... The AUD isn't looking good for us long haul dudes presently. The only way out is by air and A-320's stall right?

BokadCastle
01-22-2015, 04:22 AM
Nice site. Didn't they used to be in Adelaide now obviously Warner?...
In the "ABOUT" section they say they started in Sydney 1991, "when lunches were long and to buy a graphics computer meant to mortgage one’s house..."

I was at Fox studios this afternoon to see "American Sniper" and Animal Logic production studio is still there, 100 metres away within the old Sydney showground site, now Fox Studios.
If you want to see how they work, there's a 20 min video re the Vogue shoot - I recommend it, I could feel the pressure.

BokadCastle
01-22-2015, 04:33 AM
same thing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaGy6YOXX8

BokadCastle
01-22-2015, 08:06 PM
plenty of jobs here, check it out -
http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs

um...I've been to Hollywood and Vine.

meshpig
01-23-2015, 12:13 AM
In the "ABOUT" section they say they started in Sydney 1991, "when lunches were long and to buy a graphics computer meant to mortgage one’s house..."

I forget where Adelaide came from, makes you feel old though when you can recall 1991. Nice vid ^ crap subject. Tits on page 3... :)

BokadCastle
01-23-2015, 03:33 PM
back to Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gubrPLnRGLo

lightscape
01-24-2015, 10:15 PM
... The AUD isn't looking good for us long haul dudes presently. The only way out is by air and A-320's stall right?

Aussie english is not nearly as hard to get than singapore singlish, lah. I don't understand them, lah.

Is that a joke about the malaysian airline disaster? Hmmm.....

meshpig
01-25-2015, 04:13 AM
back to Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gubrPLnRGLo

Good old Channels 7, 9 & 10. They really must think we're stupid or something?

meshpig
01-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Aussie english is not nearly as hard to get than singapore singlish, lah. I don't understand them, lah.

Is that a joke about the malaysian airline disaster? Hmmm.....

Yeah the climb and stall out of Surabuya. Not being flippant, have many a Garuda over volcanoes too.