PDA

View Full Version : Lw -> 3d pdf

Ty Catt
01-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Hello all,

I know this has come up in past (like 5 years ago), but has there been any improvements into getting LW objects into Acrobat 3D PDFs?

I know in the past (and I have done it this way), export LWO - > OBJ -> into Photoshop. Then send U3D out of Photoshop into Acrobat.

Has there been any improved work flow to this? Maybe with LW v11?

We kind of need to avoid Photoshop on this project (long reason).

Thank you!

Ty

ernpchan
01-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Don't believe so.

You should submit a feature request through your log-in page and outline what you need.

prometheus
01-08-2015, 01:31 PM
what pdf creator do you have? adobe professional?
meshlab is a free 3d tool that letīs you import the obj format, and save out to u3d, and you can then paste it in to a pdf document, there is a thread in these forums somewhere going through that process, but I couldnīt find it right now.

in the past I used deep exploration and some tools in there ..piece of cake to save out pdf documents with 3d objects in it, but I donīt have acess to that anymore, and it is a commercial product..and it was also sold to another company that are doing bad
promotion of the tool on their site.

prometheus
01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
weird.. searching for pdf gives nada in these forum searches, had to search my own mail inbox and found the thread....
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143091-Is-it-possible-to-convert-LWO-format-to-3D-PDF/page3

short description if you have acess to acrobat professional...

Yupp...meshlab worked nicely, better to use a 3d app that is free than messing with a "2dapp" with confusing information.
I only got photoshop cs3 ..and that do not work with u3d export to pdf. and in photoshop 6 the support was removed I think.

In meshlab I simply export mesh as..
then opened acrobat professional and use create pdf from blank page..
go to tools/advanced editing and use the 3d tool to drag an area, and then it will auto prompt for you to add the u3d file.
before you can use it and see it in 3d ...save it out and reopen, then click on the area and it should open and be fully rotational etc..

Ty Catt
01-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Excellent!

Just what we needed!

Thanks for all the info!

Happy New Year,

Ty