PDA

View Full Version : Dissolved objects still selectable

ernpchan
01-07-2015, 08:18 AM
I was a little surprised to find out 100% dissolved objects are still selectable in Layout. I would thing selecting objects would be dependent on what you can actually see. I'm dissolving objects on and off on top of each other so it makes it very difficult to select the one that I see as I usually end up selection the first object in the list even though it's not visible.

Right now this is a workflow killer. I'd prefer to not have to use the scene editor.

RebelHill
01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Yep... always been that way.

Dissolved objects are selectable in the viewport.
Hidden objects are selectable by pickwalking.
Locked objects can only be selected via scene editor.

ernpchan
01-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Was afraid of that.

So am I hosed in terms of workflow? Or can I set my scene up differently?

RebelHill
01-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Yep... hosed. This is one reason why I never did the controller dissolve thing with IKFK switching... It makes you VP look nicer, but is a mess selections wise.

ernpchan
01-07-2015, 08:43 AM
(Insert Episode 3 Darth Vader scream.)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok, back to the drawing board.

Sensei
01-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Dissolved objects still selectable

And this stuff should be this way.
In one frame object can be dissolved 100% and in other frame it might be 0% (enveloped animated dissolve).

probiner
01-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Maybe do a master plugin that at each frame refreshes the objects selectability drove by the objects dissolve value (uncheck if dissolve == 0), for a list of object in a filter? ( so it doesn't do for all objects in the scene.

Dunno :(

ernpchan
01-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Maybe do a master plugin that at each frame refreshes the objects selectability drove by the objects dissolve value (uncheck if dissolve == 0), for a list of object in a filter? ( so it doesn't do for all objects in the scene.

Dunno :(

Hm...I suppose that's possible.

This looks to work. Just not a fan of running an operation in the background on every frame scrub.