PDA

View Full Version : Channel Follower Lags Behind Morph Target

carrset
01-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I want the "Diamond Null" to stay flush with the top of the column that morphs in the Y axis, I put channel follower on the null and tell it to follow the morph channel of the column, and it almost works, but it lags behind the top of the column as the column gets taller. I also tried "Sticky Surface" and "Powergons", but couldn't get the null to stick to the top polygon of the column. Maybe another method?

ernpchan
01-04-2015, 10:23 PM
You could try using a node item motion node to attach your null to a point on the geo.

Hard to diagnose without your content. Is it lagging in time or position?

MonroePoteet
01-05-2015, 09:06 AM
The MorphGroup channel is the value you specify in MorphMixer (e.g. 0.0 to 1.0 for 0% to 100%), which is not the same as the height of the morph target. To scale this to the relative height of the morph, set the Scale in the ChannelFollower properties to multiply by the relative height of your morph target. For example, if a point on the top of the cylinder in the <base> morph is 1.5 meters high, and in the morph target it is 10.0 meters high, the difference is 8.5 meters. In this case, set the scale to 850%.

To find the relative height of the morph target, you can select a point on the top, and use the "i" key in Modeler to get point information for both the <base> and morph target. The information shown for the point in the morph target is the relative height (assuming you used the Relative type when creating the morph).

mTp

carrset
01-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Many thanks. Scaling the channel follower properties worked quick and easy!