PDA

View Full Version : RH New Year Sale and New Bundles

RebelHill
01-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Well guys... Couple days late, but anyhoo...

I'm running a new year sale for the month of January... with 25% (ish) off all products (excluding the brand new animation tutorials). For those of you who've been wanting to get your hands on various goodies... now is definitely the time.

http://rebelhill.net/html/products.html

Also... I've added new bundle packages (also in sale) where you can grab collections of products at a discounted rate to serve as full solutions, either for training, or including training and tools.

http://rebelhill.net/html/bundles.html

I hope you'll all like what's there.

Many thanks.

hrgiger
01-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Cool thanks RH!

madno
01-04-2015, 02:11 AM
Two questions:

Does your nodal tutorial also explain the pixel filter and image filter concepts, so that somebody who has a vague idea what they do, get a deeper understanding?
I think I need something that does not only explain what a node does, but when and why to use it.

Example:
Gerastrada posted a node setup to reduce aliasing using render buffer and image post processing. It did wonders. But I don't understand why there is the vector input in the scale node used.

Pixel Filter:

Image Filter:

If yes,
can you make a "Master Bundle", that includes the "Animation Pro" plus RH Nodal?

Ok, three questions:
Do you add updated information for new features of LW from time to time (thinking about the RayCast node right now)?

RebelHill
01-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Not really... there is a cursory mention of the DP filter stuff, and a couple very basic examples, but nothing as complex as Gerado's... he's really the guy for all that.

As for why the vector things in that network... its because colours are kinda the same thing as vectors in LW (and a lot of CG, some refer to them as spectral vectors)... so you can use the vector tools to manipulate colour data types and vice versa. (Id guess that in this instance the scale too is stretching the intensity... only guessing though).

As for the master bundle... I had considered such, but then I gotta re-jig if I add a new something later... I've got a ton of different price versions to manage for folk who have this product or that one for add on pricing, etc... it's already a bit of a mess. So I've decided not to, but rather just do any bundling and discounting along "thematic" lines (so largely now, rigging and animation grouped together).

As for updating things... sure occasionally, if there's a need. Atm though, there's not much new in nodal to talk about... raycast is amoslt the same as DPs raycast was (covered in the tuts), compound node is almost identical to Pom's group node (covered in the tuts)... default input node is much the same as item info (covered in tuts)... etc.

Cheers.

jasonwestmas
01-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Maybe I totally overlooked but do any of your toolbox thingies support a better way to manage selection sets? For example I prefer to lay down keys only for the left or right arm manipulators, left or right leg manip. L/R Fingers, Tail, spine, head etc. Similar to character sets in maya but in lightwave I would create a list of sets which got messy pretty quickly because there was no way to organize the set list in a user friendly kind of way.

RebelHill
01-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Yes and no...

No in the sense that if you're trying to do it on your own setups... as in define your own sets.

If you're using RHiggit rigs though... yes... as the toolbox "knows" the rigs, and so the sets are built in (so to speak).

See here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9L_cUpc_A&t=04m02s

jasonwestmas
01-04-2015, 10:01 AM
AH, looks like a pretty good solution.

madno
01-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Sorry more questions:

Is the current version of the RHR tutorial the one discussed in this thread:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?137535-RH-Rigging-Training-for-LW3D
So the one from 2013?

And the prices on your website are those ones the discounted ones or the original ones?

RebelHill
01-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Yep... same one, and yes... all currently listed prices are sale prices.

madno
01-04-2015, 10:38 AM
And last question,

if I order RHiggit Pro now as a new user, can I already select the reduced price of RHA (45 as an owner of RHiggit insted of 75)?

RebelHill
01-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Yep... that's fine.

madno
01-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks,
just ordered RHiggit, RHN, RHA.
Did it in three individual orders as I could'nt find the shopping cart.
:-)

Spinland
01-04-2015, 12:51 PM
How timely! I already have the RHR tutorial set and was planning to get Rhiggit Pro soon. Just did so and added the RHA tutorials for flavoring.

Spinland
01-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Aaaaaand I just followed up with an email containing my LW lock ID because I cannot follow instructions. Sorry about that.

RebelHill
01-04-2015, 02:34 PM
You also forgot to notice that you already bought RH Rigging... so the "RHR addon" price for RHiggit is the one you wanted...

20 worth of refund heading back to you.

Spinland
01-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Wow; and I'm even stone cold sober. Thanks for catching that!