PDA

View Full Version : Not sure why my lights are making this pattern

alexjose
12-31-2014, 09:11 AM

Im not sure why the spotlight above is creating the big circular swirl marks on the ground. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I turned lighting samples up, tried different types of lights, and different anti-aliasing but nothing has worked

MSherak
12-31-2014, 10:49 AM

Im not sure why the spotlight above is creating the big circular swirl marks on the ground. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I turned lighting samples up, tried different types of lights, and different anti-aliasing but nothing has worked

Can you place up the scene with just the floor object??

Dan Ritchie
12-31-2014, 01:43 PM
It is simply color quantizing. you are seeing individual steps in color gradation. The solution is usually to add a little random noise / film grain, or export it as an image format higher than 32 bit, and convert it to your output format using a more advanced dithering option.
Another option might just be to use a brighter light or tighter pools of light so there is simply more steps (my light range) to begin with.

danielkaiser
12-31-2014, 03:38 PM

Under Windows > Image Processing > Dither Intensity, may help.