PDA

View Full Version : Modo forums and users?

prometheus
12-29-2014, 03:06 PM
so..while evaluating some modo stuff, and have been from time to time..I am not that active in those forums, but occasionally I get the chance to try modo now and then.
But..I am a little scared of the modo forum being so inactive, often it takes ages for someone to reply, if I get any..and the replies are very few, so I just wonder...may it be due to much lesser Modo users? than compared to users availably in the community here on newtek forums?

I love the Lightwave community and how fast we often can help out each other here, I am actually thinking that it might be better to ask modo questions here, though it might not fit any newtek forum threads so to speak.

Iīm just curious to why it seem to be so inactive..either they have a thing against me:) or there are simply not the same amount of registred users over there?, canīt believe it has anything to do with the actual software to do.

what I do like about the modo forums though, it is the way their gallery section is handled, much better than we have here.

Michael

ernpchan
12-29-2014, 03:13 PM
But..I am a little scared of the modo forum being so inactive, often it takes ages for someone to reply, if I get any..and the replies are very few, so I just wonder...may it be due to much lesser Modo users? than compared to users availably in the community here on newtek forums?

Odd, I don't know the actual numbers but my gut would have thought there would be more Modo users than LW. Maybe that's just my innate LW sense of inferiority.

I love the Lightwave community and how fast we often can help out each other here, I am actually thinking that it might be better to ask modo questions here, though it might not fit any newtek forum threads so to speak.

Iīm just curious to why it seem to be so inactive..either they have a thing against me:) or there are simply not the same amount of registred users over there?, canīt believe it has anything to do with the actual software to do.

Michael

I would think asking Modo questions that don't involve LW at all would be kinda a no-no. It'd be different if you were asking how to get something from one to the other but just Modo questions on their own would be kinda odd. It'd be like asking how to rig in Maya on here. The snarky answer would be "go ask someone on a Maya forum" :hey:

Is cgtalk any better?

prometheus
12-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Odd, I don't know the actual numbers but my gut would have thought there would be more Modo users than LW. Maybe that's just my innate LW sense of inferiority.

I would think asking Modo questions that don't involve LW at all would be kinda a no-no. It'd be different if you were asking how to get something from one to the other but just Modo questions on their own would be kinda odd. It'd be like asking how to rig in Maya on here. The snarky answer would be "go ask someone on a Maya forum" :hey:

Is cgtalk any better?

Exactly, workflow topics of interchange is probably most welcomed, other stuff releated solely to modo I donīt think this is the place for, though I wonder if it wouldnīt be more effective to get replies here, but thatīs not why newtek holds these forums open to us for.

Cgtalk? donīt know..I donīt go there anymore since the lightwave forums was so small/non active..maybe it is better in the modo section?..I might have a look.

ernpchan
12-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Cgtalk? donīt know..I donīt go there anymore since the lightwave forums was so small/non active..maybe it is better in the modo section?..I might have a look.

I only go to cgtalk to check news and the general discussion area. Even then I visit cgtalk rarely. That forum is a bit intense at times for my taste.

I'm not sure what the go-to place for cg discourse is really anymore.

Wickedpup
12-29-2014, 04:02 PM
My impression is the same when it comes to amount of Modo users, more than LW. As far as lack of responses to your posts goes, my experiences are generally the same as yours. But I blame it more on myself....lack of activity on my behalf....maybe some attitude on top of that...point being that it is as with any group of people. you don't spend time to get to know them, what can you expect? But in general I find the Modo community to be the best 3d/cg related forum out there

prometheus
12-29-2014, 06:02 PM
My impression is the same when it comes to amount of Modo users, more than LW. As far as lack of responses to your posts goes, my experiences are generally the same as yours. But I blame it more on myself....lack of activity on my behalf....maybe some attitude on top of that...point being that it is as with any group of people. you don't spend time to get to know them, what can you expect? But in general I find the Modo community to be the best 3d/cg related forum out there

The actual amount of replies to posts in the modo forums, seem to be very low..often just one reply or something, either they indeed solve the issue much simpler with just one reply, and donīt go spin off to something else, or it is in fact
much lower interest in responding or to few users engage in the forums.

Michael

ernpchan
12-29-2014, 06:09 PM
The actual amount of replies to posts in the modo forums, seem to be very low..often just one reply or something, either they indeed solve the issue much simpler with just one reply, and donīt go spin off to something else

Maybe they're better at staying on topic in their threads, therefore less posts. Whereas when LW threads go over a certain number of pages I tend to stop following as that usually indicates it's gone off the rails. :D

prometheus
12-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Maybe they're better at staying on topic in their threads, therefore less posts. Whereas when LW threads go over a certain number of pages I tend to stop following as that usually indicates it's gone off the rails. :D

nuff said..no more posts please :)

but..yeah, that was what I thought too.

jeric_synergy
12-29-2014, 10:10 PM
I was checking CreativeCow for you, and not only do they not have a Modo forum, AFAICT, they don't have any NewTek/Tricaster stuff, which is a bit more in their wheelhouse.

Surprised. It's like an Apple/Adobe help line over there. OTOH, they have a Syntheyes forum??? wth?

stiff paper
01-07-2015, 05:54 AM
...the modo forum being so inactive, often it takes ages for someone to reply...
Well, hah. I've only just found this thread because I've kind of given up with the General Discussion area. (NewTek plainly seems to want the LW peeps to all go off to LW-Community to chat and that's fine because I can see their point, we really did monopolise the general NT area. It's just one more nudge towards the idea that the LW section of the forums might be better off as a stand-alone forum.)

Also, I don't know why the modo forum is like it is. It's always been like that though. It isn't that the people are unfriendly or anything, it's just that somehow it's never felt like a warm, welcoming place. It's never felt like a community. That might even be because they don't have an area that they treat like we used to treat General Discussion, with all kinds of daft threads about entertaining things and all kinds of people BSing about whatever comes to mind.

I think they almost certainly have a lot more users now. Once V-Ray for modo hits I expect that'll drive up their numbers too. No idea why the forum is so quiet, but maybe it's because they're all too cool to use something as 1990s as a forum. To be fair, this place is much quieter than it used to be as well. Maybe everybody uses FaceBook for this stuff now? (Gak! Ptui!)

...it might be better to ask modo questions here...
Hah!

Not sure that would be... umm... the right thing to do.

Also, and finally, as a bit of a snarky dig (but in a caring way, as Dame Edna would say), at least we can have a discussion about modo here without anybody turning into a spittle-flecked, bile-spewing lunatic, and at least we can mention LW without everything immediately turning into a bitter discussion about Core. Right?

scratch33
01-07-2015, 05:59 AM
You want a hyperactive comunity in the modo forum?

Just add "LW" in your title thread...

:-D

WilliamVaughan
01-07-2015, 06:40 AM
I have found the exact opposite experience. I dont think my road to python scripting would have been as easy without the MODO community. The amount of activity in the gallery sections is impressive and the Foundry teams involvement in the forums is better than any other dev team imho.

Nicolas Jordan
01-07-2015, 07:28 AM
I have found the exact opposite experience. I dont think my road to python scripting would have been as easy without the MODO community. The amount of activity in the gallery sections is impressive and the Foundry teams involvement in the forums is better than any other dev team imho.

Yes having owned Modo for years now and frequenting the Modo forums regularly I would have to agree with this assessment. I also think there has been a slight drop in forum activity everywhere in recent years due to the popularity of social media. I still prefer posting on forums though. I remember a time when these Lightwave forums were a super active busy meeting place for users and would really like to see a return to those glory days.

WilliamVaughan
01-07-2015, 08:01 AM
I remember a time when these Lightwave forums were a super active busy meeting place for users and would really like to see a return to those glory days.

I miss those days as well.

lightscape
01-07-2015, 08:07 AM
You want a hyperactive comunity in the modo forum?

Just add "LW" in your title thread...

:-D

And Core. The same people talking about it here and there. :thumbsup:

The low activity there could be an effect of the impending sale of the Foundry to the highest bidder. Some people have already voiced concern and will not be upgrading to 901 until they know who buys the Foundry. Can't blame them.

Nicolas Jordan
01-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Some people have already voiced concern and will not be upgrading to 901 until they know who buys the Foundry. Can't blame them.

I would probably count myself as one of those people. I upgraded to 801 but probably didn't need to for the type of work I do. I'm seriously looking at spending my upgrade budget this year on upgrading to LW 2015 once it has a few service packs out for it.

lino.grandi
01-07-2015, 08:28 AM
I miss those days as well.

I think those days will come back.

erikals
01-07-2015, 09:07 AM
me too, and honestly it has been quite alright the past years, maybe Wavers are just more busy creating these days,
'cause the art from the LightWave community has never been better... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

also i'm quite pleased with LightWave's progress and also 3'rd party plugin developer progress,
LWCad, 3'rd Powers, Advanced Placement... many more...

good times overall... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif

Nicolas Jordan
01-07-2015, 09:09 AM
I think those days will come back. I hope your right Lino. :)

Nicolas Jordan
01-07-2015, 09:11 AM
also i'm quite pleased with LightWave's progress and also 3'rd party plugin developer progress,
LWCad, 3'rd Powers, Advanced Placement... many more...

good times overall... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/king.gif

Yes I really think the 3rd party developers and tools are one of Lightwaves greatest strengths at the moment.

lino.grandi
01-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I hope your right Lino. :)

We'll see, together.

djwaterman
01-07-2015, 09:54 AM
It is the intention as stated by Matt Gorner in another thread that these forums will be shipped over to the official LW site at some future time (not specified).

Nicolas Jordan
01-07-2015, 10:22 AM
It is the intention as stated by Matt Gorner in another thread that these forums will be shipped over to the official LW site at some future time (not specified).

That sounds like a great idea to me! :thumbsup:

brent3d
01-07-2015, 12:14 PM

I agree with you Lino! Lightwave 2015 is exciting!! and with all the 3rd party tools available at a low cost means that high-end functionality is obtainable. LW Brush plugin for modeler!?! Totally unexpected, 2015 is going to be crazy year:D

tonyrizo2003
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM
I would probably count myself as one of those people. I upgraded to 801 but probably didn't need to for the type of work I do. I'm seriously looking at spending my upgrade budget this year on upgrading to LW 2015 once it has a few service packs out for it.

I believe they will as well. Lino can you please clean out your in box, I had wanted to ask you a Genoma specific question as well as maybe provide some feedback?

Thanks TOny :)

lino.grandi
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Please use my email.

[email protected]

Thank you.

prometheus
01-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Cold days, free days, good morning coffe...no cleaning to do, lousy shows on the tele, having a coca cola, some christmas left over chocolates, and some interesting new features or plugins popping up in the lw forums, and I am sure the activity will have a boost.

We have been blessed with folks around here jumping in and giving advice, as well as thread starters with inspirational topics and ideas, the later serves as fuel to the topic surfing... where one guy takes over and fills in what is needed and expands on it etc.

I just felt it feels quite different when I asked for some advice in modo forums compared to lightwave forums and the amount of responding for each thread, then again...I do mostly jump in here to give advice than ask for it, and the opposite in modo forums, so that is probably a perspective of it.

Me owning lightwave license, and only evaluating modo is probably impacting my own activity too of course, if I were to add modo too the toolset, the modo forums would of course have one more stalker frequently being there :)

Michael

WilliamVaughan
01-08-2015, 06:28 AM

Would love to see that

lardbros
01-08-2015, 06:34 AM
I do feel that LightWave is on the rise again... I hope this continues well into the future! Exciting times? I hope so! :D

Nicolas Jordan
01-08-2015, 07:04 AM
I do feel that LightWave is on the rise again... I hope this continues well into the future! Exciting times? I hope so! :D

Yes I get the feeling that we might be slowly and gradually starting to see a rebirth of Lightwave. I think Lightwave just needs one big push to break out and begin to create it's own momentum again. One of the most promising things I see is a huge amount of 3rd party plugins out there to pick and choose from. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be a key release soon that will be a turning point sending some ripples through the industry.

50one
01-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Quite funny as I often post answers to people questions there and most of the times you never hear back from those people, even if you post example, scene file whatever - best case scenario you will hear "thank you" within a week haha.

jeric_synergy
01-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Quite funny as I often post answers to people questions there and most of the times you never hear back from those people, even if you post example, scene file whatever - best case scenario you will hear "thank you" within a week haha.
Yeah, that's a bit uncultured if you ask me. PLUS, if one solves a puzzle themselves, posters should come back and mention how.

Worst is "Figured it out, never mind." and nuthin'. Booooo! :devil:

lightscape
01-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Not with a split app with undo issues....
If modo lives through the sale and is not bought by another investment group...
I hate to say it but blender is looking like a valid alternative given the situation...in 5 years....

The future...

lardbros
01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I hate to say it but blender is looking like a valid alternative given the situation...in 5 years....

The future...

There are always naysayers ;)

Seriously though... The users of lightwave know its weaknesses, and yep, that is definitely one of them... BUT on a positive note, having 3rd Powers plugins, LWCAD, some awesome render engines and plugins like Arnold, HDR Light Studio, Octane and Renderman available for LightWave is a huge boost!

brent3d
01-08-2015, 12:51 PM

The future...

The reason why we ordered Modo back at v201 was so we could have a robust modeling/painting solution for LW..clear of the clutter that layout tools can bring. Most of Modo's modeling tools do not animate either, so it has similar work flow constraints as LW..which is why it became a bloated program once they pushed hard on the animation side. To be able to have mesh editing capabilities that are animatable would be a plus, but doing away with an exclusive modeling environment wouldn't make sense and would only lead to more tabs and longer shortcut key commands. I think to make Modeler sculpt, paint, and bake would be development time well spent.

bobakabob
01-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Yes I get the feeling that we might be slowly and gradually starting to see a rebirth of Lightwave. I think Lightwave just needs one big push to break out and begin to create it's own momentum again. One of the most promising things I see is a huge amount of 3rd party plugins out there to pick and choose from. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be a key release soon that will be a turning point sending some ripples through the industry.

Absolutely, there is definitely a buzz of LW optimism and creativity at the moment. Although I'm using Maya a lot these days I can't wait to get home back to create stuff in Lightwave. For all its issues, fundamentally you can model, render and animate very quickly, economically. There is a sense of ownership, as we're not renting, we're investing in a great toolset and creative community with a wealth of knowledge and generosity. The plugins these days are increasingly innovative and of the highest quality - RHiggit, 3rd Powers, LWCad, Advanced Placement.* Definitely a good place to be :)

* forgot to mention Zbrush ;)

stiff paper
01-08-2015, 02:37 PM
...fundamentally you can model...
Sorry, I just want to take that line kinda sorta out of context for a moment. (You can have it back when I'm finished. I promise to return it in good condition.)

I've bitten my tongue and not ranted a couple of times recently (relaaaax... I'm not going to rant now either...) when people have gotten foolishly aerated about this or that concerning the LW3DG (both here and on the modo forum). What really gets to me is the way that so many people seem completely incapable of stepping back and thinking "Wait. Could there be a reason? Is there some way in which that's a good idea?" when it comes to the way LW is being developed right now.

See, I think that if you're inclined to spend just thirty seconds having a think about it, then maybe there are reasons, or at least there are possible reasons. And "...fundamentally you can model..." might be one of them. Because you can still model in Modeler. It still works. Oh, yes, discuss the tools, discuss the lack of proper connection with Layout. The truth is that you can still model almost anything you'll need to.

Layout, on the the other hand, was missing a lot of stuff. Really a lot. So much so that a good case could be made for it actually being almost not useful for a lot of stuff. (Think back... no instances... no Bullet... the old antialiasing... misiing lots of things that are really kind of necessary.) So nobody ever mentioned it, but Layout was in a parlous state, whereas Modeler at least did still work.

Also, you need Layout to be firing on all thrusters and kind of... settled, and not in development turmoil before you start trying to bring in a whole set of full-on modeling tools.

I guess what I'm saying is that the direction makes sense, and always has made sense if people would just think about it a little more.

So, yeah. Maybe there's cause for some quiet optimism.

Megalodon2.0
01-08-2015, 03:13 PM
I guess what I'm saying is that the direction makes sense, and always has made sense if people would just think about it a little more.

Because it makes sense to YOU. This does not mean it makes sense to others who may have a different sensibility - and THEY may have given it far more thought that you may have - or not. The fact remains, that the direction LW3DG has chosen can be good OR bad - it's very much subjective and depends upon your POV as well as what you NEED and what you are expecting and what has transpired thus far. Right or wrong will be decided by all of the users - if the userbase increases or if it shrinks.

stiff paper
01-08-2015, 03:50 PM
... depends upon your POV as well as what you NEED and what you are expecting and what has transpired thus far.
Well, no. Your point of view is nothing more than that. Also, what you "need" and what you "expect" are utterly irrelevant.

A rationally evaluated course of action for developing LW is a rational course of action whether you feel all emotional about it or not.

Megalodon2.0
01-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Well, no. Your point of view is nothing more than that. Also, what you "need" and what you "expect" are utterly irrelevant.

A rationally evaluated course of action for developing LW is a rational course of action whether you feel all emotional about it or not.

Well... since you don't know all of the parameters NEEDED to make an educated evaluation, your "thinking" is just YOUR POV and nothing more.

lardbros
01-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Another thread turning into the same arguments... I've been here for years listening to the same stuff...
It doesn't matter, so long as you make money using the tools, then it doesn't matter.
If I was using similar Autodesk tools, my freelance work (which I do on the side of my regular animation job) wouldn't have made me much money at all!

jeric_synergy
01-08-2015, 05:29 PM
If I was using similar Autodesk tools, my freelance work (which I do on the side of my regular animation job) wouldn't have made me much money at all!
::dropping rest of repetitive thread:: Huh? Do you mean your profit margin would have been less, because of AD's prices, or something else???

I ask because the conventional wisdom is that there's a lot more work for MAYA operators.

lardbros
01-08-2015, 05:42 PM
I work full time for a company, and we use Autodesk tools... but my freelance work, that I do at home using LightWave, wouldn't have been as profitable if I'd used an Autodesk tool.
My customers don't care what tool I use, so long as they get an animation... Yes Maya jobs are much easier to find in studios etc, but if you're a freelancer, on your own, it's tough to spend more than double the money on a tool that will ultimately produce an animation.

Megalodon2.0
01-08-2015, 07:06 PM
I work full time for a company, and we use Autodesk tools... but my freelance work, that I do at home using LightWave, wouldn't have been as profitable if I'd used an Autodesk tool.
My customers don't care what tool I use, so long as they get an animation... Yes Maya jobs are much easier to find in studios etc, but if you're a freelancer, on your own, it's tough to spend more than double the money on a tool that will ultimately produce an animation.

But then by that reckoning you would have made even more using Blender. :D

spherical
01-08-2015, 07:43 PM
And the conversation augers in.... again.

jeric_synergy
01-08-2015, 08:35 PM
And the conversation augers in.... again.
::sigh:: You might as well map that phrase to a hotkey.

lightscape
01-08-2015, 09:57 PM
::dropping rest of repetitive thread:: Huh? Do you mean your profit margin would have been less, because of AD's prices, or something else???

I ask because the conventional wisdom is that there's a lot more work for MAYA operators.

That's subjective and skillset is a big factor and probably depends on your area. Maya and max projects are 1000 times more. A skilled maya and max generalist can make a lot of money to make up the cost of the tool.
Lightwave projects tend to pay less. Budgets for projects tend to a little more reserved. Isn't this the reason lightwave is targetted for the B market?
Blender projects tend to pay peanuts.

Democratization of tools lead to lower pay scale, lower rates. This is why clients who are doing blender projects tend to pay peanuts. More or less they are indie groups with not enough funding.

Megalodon2.0
01-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Democratization of tools lead to lower pay scale, lower rates. This is why clients who are doing blender projects tend to pay peanuts. More or less they are indie groups with not enough funding.

Definitely. Though in my profession it has nothing to do with the brand of software since I don't share files. When a kid working out of his garage charges $25 for a 1250 sq ft floor plan and severely undercuts established businesses, it ends up hurting everyone. And if you check out places like elance.com and similar sites you'll find many projects where clients want Maya files and Max files and also have a peanut-sized budget - it doesn't depend upon the software. Everyone wants something for nothing and rarely wants to pay for it. But then often these clients get what they pay for. ;)

spherical
01-08-2015, 10:37 PM
::sigh:: You might as well map that phrase to a hotkey.

I nearly passed a whole mouthful of Cabernet through my nose just now. :D Made my day.

lightscape
01-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Definitely. Though in my profession it has nothing to do with the brand of software since I don't share files. When a kid working out of his garage charges $25 for a 1250 sq ft floor plan and severely undercuts established businesses, it ends up hurting everyone. And if you check out places like elance.com and similar sites you'll find many projects where clients want Maya files and Max files and also have a peanut-sized budget - it doesn't depend upon the software. Everyone wants something for nothing and rarely wants to pay for it. But then often these clients get what they pay for. ;)

That's a different issue though more concerning piracy.
The recent practice is sharing source files btw. That's not going to change. If it happens with big studios there's no stopping it with smaller freelance lw or modo artists. Its not uncommon for one studio to send a scene with editable data to another studio to work on so the look and output is consistent and on the same level. And clients are just protecting themselves and keeping their options open. So do your best to keep them.
Blender is making cg tools available for everyone free and that will lower the potential for higher profit for artist in general. I haven't seem serious clients asking to do 25 bucks for xy project in lw or any of the pro appz, but I've seen serious clients(indie) asking to do free/for credit/profit sharing/50 bucks to do work in blender. :D Democratization

spherical
01-08-2015, 11:15 PM
I really despise that word. Just something so slimy-corporate-speak about it. Sounds good on the face of it but it is what's beneath the surface that really counts.

Megalodon2.0
01-09-2015, 12:15 AM
That's a different issue though more concerning piracy.
The recent practice is sharing source files btw. That's not going to change. If it happens with big studios there's no stopping it with smaller freelance lw or modo artists. Its not uncommon for one studio to send a scene with editable data to another studio to work on so the look and output is consistent and on the same level. And clients are just protecting themselves and keeping their options open. So do your best to keep them.
Blender is making cg tools available for everyone free and that will lower the potential for higher profit for artist in general. I haven't seem serious clients asking to do 25 bucks for xy project in lw or any of the pro appz, but I've seen serious clients(indie) asking to do free/for credit/profit sharing/50 bucks to do work in blender. :D Democratization

I completely agree. I've made it very clear to all of my clients that they receive renderings, not the model files. I know that working with other companies it's quite common to share the source files - fortunately I don't have that worry/concern. Also there are many files I could not legally distribute anyway such as purchased libraries (think OnyxTree, Dosch Design, XFrog, etc.) I've only ever been asked for the model files once and I told them that we don't provide those. They didn't come back to me with THAT job, but two years later I've got work from them and it's turning out to be quite a few projects. No source files included. :)

Yup, making the software more readily available (and of course piracy) does have that democratization effect. Good luck to all of us weathering this storm. :thumbsup:

Ernest
01-09-2015, 05:00 AM
but doing away with an exclusive modeling environment wouldn't make sense and would only lead to more tabs and longer shortcut key commands.

Yes, but the problem of this little, uncomfortable valley/moment in LW development is that it does not have an exclusive modeling environment. Not in the sense that we can do all our modeling in it.

This is because all instancing is layout-exclusive, so we have to make parts of the model in modeler and all the screws, rivets, cables, nurnies, and all other repeating geometries have to be added in layout. And we end up with half the model in the lwo file and half in the lws. And any changes to the parts modeled in modeler imply a bit of a nightmare refitting all those instances to the new geometry. The only alternative would be to take the hit and apply all that stuff as real geometry, which is kind of insane in this age.

Yup, making the software more readily available (and of course piracy) does have that democratization effect.

I imagine that's what the SGI users felt when we (and LW) started popping up

jwiede
01-20-2015, 12:40 PM
I imagine that's what the SGI users felt when we (and LW) started popping up

SGI's demise was primarily due to the advent of lower-cost PC-based CAD workstations (where "lower cost" = <$50K) eating away their so-called "mid-range systems" market (where they did most volume, and thus most profit), combined with some really horrible upper management decisions around MIPS CPU development (or more accurately, lack thereof). Compared to the impact of those situations, the impact of the 3D software market changes you're describing was a relative drop in the bucket.

davegmac
01-22-2015, 09:50 AM
Every time I post on the Modo forum I get a response very quick its an amazing community...not sure what you are talking about?

prometheus
01-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Every time I post on the Modo forum I get a response very quick its an amazing community...not sure what you are talking about?

welll.you are not me, you have other questions, I canīt say what that is really..what I can say, It takes many many days..often when I have asked, or weeks.
Not like in here.

So..of course you are not sure of what I talk about.

Michael

jwiede
01-22-2015, 01:11 PM

Yeah, that's been my overall experience there as well.

prometheus
01-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah, that's been my overall experience there as well.

In all honesty and to be fair, I havenīt been too active over there and not having many post either, so yes..it might be a little unfair to analyze it based on that, then I also thought replys overall seem less too when browsing through posts.
itīs just my impression of it, if it holds a true value or not..I canīt say.

Michael

Megalodon2.0
01-22-2015, 01:58 PM
welll.you are not me, you have other questions, I canīt say what that is really..what I can say, It takes many many days..often when I have asked, or weeks.
Not like in here.

So..of course you are not sure of what I talk about.

Michael

Unfortunately for many it IS like that "in here." You can peruse these forums and see many questions where no one has answered. Perhaps on the modo forums you have asked questions that many don't know the answer to - like oftentimes many here do not respond to questions they do not know.

"All generalizations are dangerous. Even this one."

prometheus
01-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately for many it IS like that "in here." You can peruse these forums and see many questions where no one has answered. Perhaps on the modo forums you have asked questions that many don't know the answer to - like oftentimes many here do not respond to questions they do not know.

"All generalizations are dangerous. Even this one."

True..but now we only need to classify my thread start as it Was indeed a Generalization, it might have been, and it might not. :D

then again to go extreme, I donīt agree with you on that all generalizations are dangerous,, that is a dangerous generalization to make :)
If I could sit next to an atomic bomb just released ...and have my time to get a nice tan, I am sure all folks would think thatīs an bad Idea, or do I generalize in a dangerous way?

Megalodon2.0
01-22-2015, 02:53 PM
If I could sit next to an atomic bomb just released ...and have my time to get a nice tan, I am sure all folks would think thatīs an bad Idea, or do I generalize in a dangerous way?

I wouldn't consider that a "generalization."

jwiede
01-22-2015, 03:54 PM
In any case, if the problem was that most didn't understand the question (or the intent behind it), then it might be addressable. Prometheus, is there a link to the thread in question?

prometheus
01-23-2015, 06:43 AM
In any case, if the problem was that most didn't understand the question (or the intent behind it), then it might be addressable. Prometheus, is there a link to the thread in question?

Nope...the thread we are talking about...You Are in it, :D
nothing in modo about the topic..though the topic was about modo responses in their forums only...not about any specific thread at luxologym, you have to go to the first page and see what I said, I canīt recall..getting to old for this sh....