PDA

View Full Version : inserting or overlaying camera captured game clok on all imputs of 3play

sharynf
12-29-2014, 02:31 PM
In basketball the ref's want a camera captured image of the game clock on all replays. is there a device that can be inserted before the inputs to the 3play to allow s section of a camera feed with the game clock to be overlayed or inserted into each of the inputs?
Thanks
Sharyn

SBowie
12-29-2014, 03:01 PM
You can do this using the DSK on a 440 or 4800. (That's the principal reason the DSK was added, though there are lots of other valuable uses).

sharynf
12-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks Steve, so that would only allow overlay not any re sizing and obviously have to be added before the 330 externally. For the refs are people just showing the full size image overlayed on the camera feed?
Do you have any comments on my other questions re hard drives to expand storage on the 330?

Really appreciate you help I'm new to the 3play just added a 330 that was a dealer demo

thanks
Sharyn

kanep
12-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Thanks Steve, so that would only allow overlay not any re sizing and obviously have to be added before the 330 externally. For the refs are people just showing the full size image overlayed on the camera feed?
Do you have any comments on my other questions re hard drives to expand storage on the 330?

Really appreciate you help I'm new to the 3play just added a 330 that was a dealer demo

thanks
Sharyn

The 3PLAY 440/4800 overlay tool has sizing, positioning and cropping options. You can choose which you want, so you don't have to resize (but then the image is kind of in the way, so usually you do want to resize and position the clock into a corner of the screen).

Expanding the storage on a 3PLAY 330 unit isn't supported. There should be an eSATA port on the back of the unit so you can export data off to free up the internal storage.

SBowie
12-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks Steve, so that would only allow overlay not any re sizing and obviously have to be added before the 330 externally.Sorry, I don't think you mentioned earlier in the thread which 3Play model you had. 330 doesn't have DSK features, so you'd have to do add an overlay downstream of its outputs somehow. Kane's response it spot on.