PDA

View Full Version : Help, my CG is too fast!

vanguard
11-30-2003, 06:47 PM
OK I've got my CG roll all set....

Except when I save the RTV or play it in the CG, it always runs at speed 2 or higher....

Is there a way to slow it down more?

I tried lowering the speed (without the presets) to .10, .0000005, and everything inbetween.... no luck.

Any ideas, besides running it at 2, then slowing the playback speed in VTEdit.

It looks waaay bad at the 40% (from speed 2) that I need.

Help!

UPDATE--- Monday morning: I've timed the roll, and all speeds below 2 are the same : ~5 seconds from bottom to top of screen.

Anybody... anybody... Bueller....?

Paul Lara
12-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Jerry,
At the moment, 2.0 is the lowest scroll speed available.
You may want to save your scroll page out, and keyframe it in Aura to set a slower playback speed.

Tom Wood
12-01-2003, 07:30 PM
And while in Aura, try a Gaussian blur of about 2, and also try progressive scan. Dunno why it works, but it does for me. (Actually in Mirage, but the same should apply.)

TW

nealroba
12-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I was trying to sync up scrolling text with an audio file. The CG was way too fast at preset 2, so I went to edit properties and slowed the rtv scrolling text file down to 15%. But now, the clarity of the text is terrible. What's the best way to sync something up with scrolling text without losing resolution...Argh, I'm freakin' out! Thanks for your help.

Rob

vanguard
12-15-2003, 07:48 AM
I gave in an hooked my Flyer to my VT3 to use the CG to get smooth rolls.

It sucks like a chick offering you a Zima, but it works.

Aura probably would have worked, but I'm not savvy enough with it yet, and was in a time crunch (NPI).

I actually turned out to be a good thing, because I'd forgotten about some of the good stuff on those Video Drives....

(I had also forgotten the keyboard abuse to increase inter-character spacing.... alt-right arrow, right arrow, alt-right arrow, right arrow,alt-right arrow, right arrow, alt-right arrow, right arrow,alt-right arrow, right arrow, alt-right arrow, right arrow,alt-right arrow, right arrow, alt-right arrow, right arrow,alt-right arrow, right arrow, alt-right arrow, right arrow,alt-right arrow, right arrow, alt-right arrow, right arrow...)

Rich Deustachio
12-15-2003, 08:24 AM
Wel really do need a slower CLEAN scroll in the CG. Can we get a verification that this is being worked on Paul?

Ian Austen
12-16-2003, 06:04 AM
Here is how I managed to at least get the appearance of it being slower. I had tried inserting a return in my text file, which totally then messed up the cg program when I imported the text file, saved as txt file.
I then went back to my original file and replaced the return with a space , then non breaking space then space then return. this when imported as a txt file did give me the increased space between lines to give a visual break which allowed the viewer to take in the scroll of 1,000 names (students graduating).

I rendered it out as motion rtv. and tried playing in DDR, which worked as long as the background was a still image, but as soon as it was on top of a live feed it began to stutter. the solution to that was to run it directly from CG in the switcher down stream key.

ScorpioProd
12-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Rich Deustachio
Wel really do need a slower CLEAN scroll in the CG. Can we get a verification that this is being worked on Paul?

I wish that was the case, but I'm doubtful.

Remember, the fact that the slower speed is not there now was a decision by Newtek since they said they couldn't make a slower scroll look good.

Personally, I just need to look at the Classic Toaster CG on my Amiga to see a slower scroll look really good.

A slower high quality scroll is really needed.

prospector
12-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Yea I know.
You could set the Amiga to speeds that if you hit the play button, you could go make a sandwich, come back, and it would STILL be scrolling up the screen...and nice and clean.

So there HAS to be someway to get under 2 on such a new, more powerful machine as a PC.

Chrysolithos
12-27-2003, 01:42 PM
I guess I'll be hanging on to my 3 toasters for a while longer.
(1 A2000 with Toaster, DPS TBC IV, DPS PAR, Kitchin Sync. 1 A4000 Flyer system and 1 A4000 with Toaster)

Never know when ya need to do the tranporter effect. ( I do a lot of SF conventions)

ScorpioProd
12-27-2003, 02:33 PM
What bugs me most on the lack of very slow scroll speeds in the VT[3] CG is that it SOOOO goes against Newtek's long standing policy of "power to the users."

I frankly feel insulted that Newtek has taken power AWAY from me as a user because THEY don't think it looks good enough, and apparently they don't feel the user can judge this on his own and decide accordingly.

Realize, T[2] did have slower scroll speeds.

Rich Deustachio
12-27-2003, 07:10 PM
T2 had a slower scroll speed and the slow speed looked horrible, so NewTek eliminated it instead of fixing it. I just hope it was just to buy some time till they figure it out and not the final fix.

yosik
01-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi,
Just stumbled on this post.
What I do when needing slower than offered scroll speed is save the graphics as long still image (alpha included). Then, forget about scroll, just position it overlayed (if necessary) and keyframe the scroll to your liking, speed AND stop wherever you want and for how long you want.
Sometimes, manual control is the best!.
Yossi