PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit dynamics

kcsull
12-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Greetings to all. I use Lightwave 10.1 purely as a hobby and try to replicate video tutorials by those who know. With Layout Win 32 bit Proton's Cereal tut works for me but with Layout Win 64 bit Object Properties and Dynamics tab and Add Dynamics only shows Cloth, Soft, and Hard options and not the usual ones including Collision etc. Why is this so?

prometheus
12-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Greetings to all. I use Lightwave 10.1 purely as a hobby and try to replicate video tutorials by those who know. With Layout Win 32 bit Proton's Cereal tut works for me but with Layout Win 64 bit Object Properties and Dynamics tab and Add Dynamics only shows Cloth, Soft, and Hard options and not the usual ones including Collision etc. Why is this so?

uhmm..you got different setups in 32 bit vs 64 bit in 10.1? strange...
maybe something in your configuration setup....might be that you should delete your configs and start with fresh ones.

kcsull
12-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Thanks for your advice Prometheus. Should I delete just the .cfg files containing -64 such as LWEXT-64.CFG etc ?

prometheus
12-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your advice Prometheus. Should I delete just the .cfg files containing -64 such as LWEXT-64.CFG etc ?

I think so, but before you do, copy them and paste to a backup folder somewhere, so you can simply put it back if you wan´t to, but after that just delete them.

kcsull
01-01-2015, 04:19 AM
I backedup the 64 bit cfg files, deleted them then ran Layout 64 bit with the same result - object properties -> Dynamics -> Add Dynamics and no Collision shows up just Cloth Soft and Hard Options. Looks like I'll have to stick to 32 bit with Dynamics which I suppose is no big deal.

lino.grandi
01-02-2015, 07:10 AM
Try to use "Edit Menu Layout" after you've made a scan using Edit Plugins. Select any preset, then select the Default one. Verify you got all the options you need then exit Layout to save your new configuration.

That should solve your problem.

kcsull
01-02-2015, 06:38 PM
What a relief. Thanks Lino Grandi your solution worked a treat. All's well with my 64 bit and dynamics. Thanks again.

lino.grandi
01-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Glad to have been of help!