PDA

View Full Version : Embedding video clips on these forums...suggestions.

prometheus
12-23-2014, 09:20 AM
I just recently embedded a web url (youtube) for a thread post, I knew I can only post one per post, so right after I posted the first, I tried a new reply, and attached another clip that I also wanted to show.
Now the problem is that when posting so shortly in time, the forum recognize my post as an update, and includes the new post with the first post, and then I get an error since you canīt have more than one clip per post, this is just
making it very inconvinient.

I tried to edit my post, deleting the second clip..but then I still get error messages that no more than one clip is allowed, even when I removed the whole text thread...I finally had to delete it all and paste the original thread back.

Couldnīt it be worked out so we at least can have maybe 3 or for allowed embedded youtube links? maybe that will be a strain to the forum resources? I donīt know.
Maybe allow for new posts without the system going for some auto update in to the very first post?

Michael

spherical
12-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah, that --- Updated --- thing is nothing but annoying. How many times have we seen a post having this and the original text exactly matches the "updated" text? Useless. What's the point of repeating any of it, even if it were different from the original? Why do I need to see it twice?

prometheus
12-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Yeah, that --- Updated --- thing is nothing but annoying. How many times have we seen a post having this and the original text exactly matches the "updated" text? Useless. What's the point of repeating any of it, even if it were different from the original? Why do I need to see it twice?

well..in case, you forget...10 seconds can be a long time....Merry christmas:D

50 first dates...10 second tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYJzwvT0WA