PDA

View Full Version : 11.6.3 Modeller performance issues

3D Kiwi
12-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Iím having some major performance issues with modeller at the moment, 11.6.3.

When selecting points in textured wire view unsubpatched it is freezing on me for about 10sec each time I select a point. In wire frame view it works normally.

When deleting edges it is really slow. I selected about 5 edge loops on the model Im working on and it took about 15 seconds to delete them. Its quicker if I unsubatch the model but still takes a few seconds to delete them.

The model only has 35000 polys so isnít a huge model. Taking the model into either SI or Blender and I can delete edges instantly.

Are there any tips for speeding up modeller?
Im using a gtx570 GPU.
Thanks

prometheus
12-22-2014, 08:11 PM
I’m having some major performance issues with modeller at the moment, 11.6.3.

When selecting points in textured wire view unsubpatched it is freezing on me for about 10sec each time I select a point. In wire frame view it works normally.

When deleting edges it is really slow. I selected about 5 edge loops on the model Im working on and it took about 15 seconds to delete them. Its quicker if I unsubatch the model but still takes a few seconds to delete them.
The model only has 35000 polys so isn’t a huge model. Taking the model into either SI or Blender and I can delete edges instantly.

Are there any tips for speeding up modeller?
Im using a gtx570 GPU.
Thanks

I have a gtx 480
12 gig ram
intel pentium i7 [email protected] 3.2Ghz

working with 406394 polygons and in different layers... the space jockey scene from foundation3d, (The model is created by Sean P. Kennedy © 2005 )no big issue with selecting edges, except if you select all edges and viewport rotate..a little lagging...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhO8QVmjwzs

Are you having the display set to streaming...if so, I recommend change to buffered (vbo) use multitexture shaders.
And ....use 64 bit and see if that helps.

3D Kiwi
12-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks for replying.

It is already set to buffered (vbo) and multitexture. The problem isn't selecting the edges its deleting them that takes ages.

prometheus
12-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks for replying.

It is already set to buffered (vbo) and multitexture. The problem isn't selecting the edges its deleting them that takes ages.

ok...canīt test that now though.