PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Parenter Tutorial Gizmo is a no show

c atwood
12-22-2014, 05:57 PM
I was tinkering with the new 2015 Dynamic Parenter tut. When Lino Grandi activates D.P., we see an orange gizmo handle for dragging to targets. When I mimic his workflow, I don't get that orange circle handle. I am using 2015 on a Mac. Can anyone offer some advice? I've searched the forums for this same question, but no discussions. Thanks.

SeaWiz
01-11-2015, 06:04 AM
I was tinkering with the new 2015 Dynamic Parenter tut. When Lino Grandi activates D.P., we see an orange gizmo handle for dragging to targets. When I mimic his workflow, I don't get that orange circle handle. I am using 2015 on a Mac. Can anyone offer some advice? I've searched the forums for this same question, but no discussions. Thanks.

Was this request ever answered? I recently purchased 2015 and watched Lino's tutorial for the Dynamic Parenter. My version still looks like the old plugin with no gizmo. Does this need to be activated somewhere?

SPICE
01-11-2015, 07:21 AM
motion options => Add Modifier => Parenter ((Dynamic (Keyable) Pareent))

SeaWiz
01-11-2015, 08:38 AM
motion options => Add Modifier => Parenter ((Dynamic (Keyable) Pareent))

Thank you for the reply. I have already added the modifier ((Dynamic (Keyable) Parent)). The panel that displays when you click properties is the old plugin, not the one with the gizmo for selecting. I have tried deleting the plugin and then reinstalling it but it still displays the old interface.

EDIT: I've found part of the problem. If I start a new scene the gizmo displays properly. If I add it to a scene that was made with an earlier version the gizmo will not display. Something is being left in the scene file from the earlier version that is preventing the new plugin from working.

Spinland
01-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Might be worth a fogbugz.

SeaWiz
01-11-2015, 02:57 PM
I will strip down the scene to try to find the issue. Could be a third party plugin conflict. I will fogbugz when I have more information. Maybe I could try a simple recreation in the older version and try it with LW2015. I definitely want to get to the bottom of this. The new parenter would be quite useful.

spherical
01-11-2015, 04:03 PM
I've found part of the problem. If I start a new scene the gizmo displays properly. If I add it to a scene that was made with an earlier version the gizmo will not display. Something is being left in the scene file from the earlier version that is preventing the new plugin from working.

Could be the other way around. It has been shown that the 2015 scene format is different in some areas. Perhaps there is something that the 2015 scene has that the earlier version does not. Try just saving a copy of the earlier scene from 2015. Close and reopen it in 2015 and see if it works as expected.

SeaWiz
01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Could be the other way around. It has been shown that the 2015 scene format is different in some areas. Perhaps there is something that the 2015 scene has that the earlier version does not. Try just saving a copy of the earlier scene from 2015. Close and reopen it in 2015 and see if it works as expected.

Good suggestion but I have been using 2015 on this scene for several days already, so that's not the answer. I should have more time to explore tomorrow. I've been moving from one storage location to another and haven't been at my computer much today.

SeaWiz
01-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied to my problem. I was looking at the schematic and not the opengl view. Moment of brain freeze. I looked at the 2 scenes and wondered what was different and then it dawned on me. Sorry everyone. Although, it would be nice if this also worked in the schematic view.