PDA

View Full Version : 3play and networking???

Ky-tv
12-22-2014, 08:39 AM
I have been a EVS operator for around 12 years and a K2 Dyno op for the last 5. I have started using the 3play, this past fall "sports season." I have used the 3play now for about 30 events and looking forward, I have some questions about what the 3play can do. Please remember I am an operator and not an engineer - talk slow!! lol

As an EVS operator, the 2 biggest questions I have are Networking and Aux Clips.

1) Our truck has (2) 3plays side by side. I would like to know if there is any possibility of them being "networked" so we can borrow clips of each others machine??? For busy, complicated shows this is almost a MUST. Our truck engineer says that it is not possible, so wanted to check here to see if anyone has attempted this OR in the least, get the conversation started so Newtek can work on it.

2) My second question again comes from EVS back ground and AUX CLIPS. I know on 3play you can easily add imported music to any playlist. My question is, is there a way to record the "talents" track as a clip and then bring that clip AS A MUSIC FILE, so that you could track his voice and edit your playlist to what he says?

I am sure I will come up with more questions and we move forward, but these are the 2 questions that I think are most important for our broadcasts.

Thanks in advance!

Kent

PIZAZZ
12-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Good to see more 3Play operators around these parts. Come often and share when you can.

1) Our truck has (2) 3plays side by side. I would like to know if there is any possibility of them being "networked" so we can borrow clips of each others machine??? For busy, complicated shows this is almost a MUST. Our truck engineer says that it is not possible, so wanted to check here to see if anyone has attempted this OR in the least, get the conversation started so Newtek can work on it.

Your truck engineer is wrong. You can definitely network multiple units. We network and share files between our 3Plays and TriCasters all the time. Mapping drives and even playing across the network connection can be done. It might not be as fluid as using IPDirector on the EVS but it can definitely improve your workflow.

2) My second question again comes from EVS back ground and AUX CLIPS. I know on 3play you can easily add imported music to any playlist. My question is, is there a way to record the "talents" track as a clip and then bring that clip AS A MUSIC FILE, so that you could track his voice and edit your playlist to what he says?

If you have any extra channel open on your 3Play then have your A1 send you that Talent Audio Isolated OR just record a PGM feed with audio into your open channel. Record it, mark it, Clip it, then export it. Play it in B while your melt is on A by linking both A+B on rollout. That is one way to do it. There of course may be others.

MiaSanMiaUSA
02-02-2015, 12:27 AM
My team (I'm a director) has been looking to do this as well. Our highlights are easy to export in 3Play, but we can't master audio.

kanep
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
It would help to know what model 3Play systems these are.