PDA

View Full Version : MIDI Control for LiveText

kanep
12-21-2014, 05:02 PM
I've put together a whitepaper that explains how to control LiveText via MIDI from an iPad using TouchOSC. You can download it from http://bit.ly/kanesworld

Let me know if you run into any issues. It also helps to read the whitepaper on 'iPad MIDI Control of TriCaster' as some of that information will apply to this paper as well.

PIZAZZ
12-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Nice work there Kane.

ZachSchuster
12-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Is this for LiveText on a Tricaster or stand alone versions?

kanep
12-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Standalone LiveText, as the built in LiveText (aka Graphics) can't be used at the same time while TriCaster is running in 'Live'.

The tools I'm using to make the work are taking MIDI commands and converting it into a keyboard presses. So it could be make to control just about anything as long as it has keyboard shortcuts to do what you want. For example you could have it pressing the next or previous keys for a PowerPoint presentation if you wanted to.

SantiagoVa
02-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Hi Kane,

Is there a way to use the downloads to control the Livetext Computer with a midi board connected to the Tricaster? Adding an iPad is probably not allowed in my budget.

kanep
02-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Not really, in fact this document is a bit out of date in that you could now use TouchOSC with the MIDI bridge software to send keyboard shortcuts without having to do the entire workflow in this document. It wouldn't be limited to iPad anyone either, you could use an Android tablet with the MIDI bridge software.

SantiagoVa
02-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Thanks. This makes it interesting for me.