PDA

View Full Version : Getting Bone World Postion?

raw-m
12-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Got an Emitter and I'm linking a few bones to its particles using DPs Bone Info on each relevant bones via Motion Options/Nodal Motion.

Is there a way to get the World Position of a bone so it sticks to the Emitter Particle if I move the object around?

RebelHill
12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
The world position output from the bone info node?

raw-m
12-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Checked many times, I've only got Position using DP's Bone Info.... Perhaps I'm being daft, will check again.

RebelHill
12-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh... mine here has Wpos output... go figure.

Otherwise... you're using nodal motion on the bone itself right?? So just use the default "input" node and take wPos from that.

raw-m
12-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Well this is embarrassing, I've totally managed to wrongly describe what's happening. Start again.....

Got an Emitter and I'm linking a few bones to its particles using DPs PARTICLE Info on each relevant bone via Motion Options/Nodal Motion.

Is there a way to get a bone to stick to a particle if I move the object around? It currently looks like a relative link rather than an absolute one so if I move my object everything moves together.

RebelHill
12-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Right...

Well... the particle position is relative to the emitter object... yep. So... Get the world position of the emitter (item info) add that to the particle position and you've got the particle world position.

Review vectors and spaces... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1C4072533A16B807

raw-m
12-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the nudge, RH. After a bit of faffing, got it to work. I've done it like this so I can easily duplicate the object and have the end bones stick to the emitter, no matter where I move the object.