PDA

View Full Version : No Sound and Youtube vids stopping consistently

JBT27
12-19-2014, 08:30 AM
I've got stuck with this and wondering if anyone has seen this.

In fairness I did install a new USB keyboard this morning - plugged it in anyway, no software needed.

Startup took a bit longer than normal, with a grey screen saying 'Please wait ...' for some seconds - noticeably longer startup than usual. Then got to the desktop - all fine, except no sound. Using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB - occasionally it fails to work so I have to unplug and replug the USB cable. But not this time - just won't work.

Then I found that all Youtube videos were stalling at 11 seconds. I could click on the timeline and have the vid play a bit more, only to stall again. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash - got the latest Firefox, latest graphics drivers, latest Flash.

Also put the previous keyboard back in, and kept that so far, but this problem will not go away. I see there are at least a couple of threads on the web with this exact problem, including the 11 secs stall on Youtube, from a couple of years back - no resolution so it seems.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Julian.

JBT27
12-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Running CCleaner, Nortons, restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling Flash multiple times, seems to have cured these problems for now.