PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help/Info With & On E-on Software's Vue-Lightwave Integration

Light-ER-Wave
12-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Hello LW 3d users,
im submitting this post to find out if anyone has E-on Software's Vue Xtreme and has integrated it with their Lightwave software. I submitted a questionnaire to the LightWave3D group...and they suggested that i not only refer my inquiry to E-on, but that i ask on the forums as well. With that said, here is what im experiencing:

"Hello LightWave 3d Team,
I am writing this email to ask a question about integration between Lightwave3d 11.6 and E-on Software's Vue Xtreme2014. At the moment, i am using Vue Infinite 2014, which (as you already know) cannot be integrated with LightWave3d.

Here is the problem, i recently found out (after rendering for 15 hours) that Vue has "Flickering" issues when rendering out animation...i KNOW (From what I've rendered out from LW 3d in the past) that LW 3d does not have any "Flickering" issues when it comes to animation.

Therefore my question is this, "IF" I purchase Vue Xtreme2014, and integrate it with LightWave3d, will the same "Flickering" issues follow me over to LightWave? Or, will LightWave do a better job at rendering my Vue scene as if it were a Lightwave scene?

I would appreciate it if you guys get back to me as soon as possible, thank you in advance.
P.S. I will contact E-on as well to inquire about this issue."

Ok, if anyone in the LW Realm has any experience in this area, PLEASE reply to this post. Thanks in advance.

CaptainMarlowe
12-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Why not trying from the PLE ?

Chernoby
12-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Lightwave won't have any flickering and it will render WAY faster. Things you'll have to address in any other program using with Vue will be (at least in older versions of Vue - like 2010):

1.) tweaking the scene to make it look as good and foggy as Vue's atmospheric rendering does (compositing or within 3D app)
2.) I don't know if they have dealt with scene exporting but Vue has never exported properly for me to any program. Textures are always horribly inaccurate and I always have to start from scratch
3.) the terrain always has triangles on it (even if I render at millions of polys - Vue might export quads now so that would solve that)

Light-ER-Wave
12-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Why not trying from the PLE ?

well i tried to DL the trial version...but the website does not offer the option to DL the Vue Xtreme 2014.

Light-ER-Wave
12-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Lightwave won't have any flickering and it will render WAY faster. Things you'll have to address in any other program using with Vue will be (at least in older versions of Vue - like 2010):

1.) tweaking the scene to make it look as good and foggy as Vue's atmospheric rendering does (compositing or within 3D app)
2.) I don't know if they have dealt with scene exporting but Vue has never exported properly for me to any program. Textures are always horribly inaccurate and I always have to start from scratch
3.) the terrain always has triangles on it (even if I render at millions of polys - Vue might export quads now so that would solve that)

ok...so what you're saying is that if i start my project from scratch inside LW (using vue xtreme plug-in) all i would have to do is "tweak" the settings a little? If that is the case, i have NO problem with that.

Also, along with the flickering...i also get a "grainy" look. Here is a pic i rendered using Vue (Final setting)

prometheus
12-18-2014, 12:19 PM
ok...so what you're saying is that if i start my project from scratch inside LW (using vue xtreme plug-in) all i would have to do is "tweak" the settings a little? If that is the case, i have NO problem with that.

Also, along with the flickering...i also get a "grainy" look. Here is a pic i rendered using Vue (Final setting)

donīt have xstream, but I have used vue before, are you using preview quality in the render settings? you often need to set it to broadcast to get rid of noise grain, or jump in to custom settings and fiddle with all AA settings for textures and objects and volumetrics.
anything below broadcast settings I am afraid will give noise, broadcast will also increase your rendertime a lot, that is the trade of you have to deal with.

RebelHill
12-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I believe you'll find that with Xstream... the Vue elements of the scene are rendered using the vue renderer, with the LW elements rendered using the LW one, and the 2 parts of the image integrate from there... If I remember right and that is the case... then you'll get the exact same issue.

Light-ER-Wave
12-18-2014, 12:52 PM
donīt have xstream, but I have used vue before, are you using preview quality in the render settings? you often need to set it to broadcast to get rid of noise grain, or jump in to custom settings and fiddle with all AA settings for textures and objects and volumetrics.
anything below broadcast settings I am afraid will give noise, broadcast will also increase your rendertime a lot, that is the trade of you have to deal with.

thx for the reply, and yes i have fiddled with the AA settings (using an online AA setting guide) but i got a diff. outcome...all the eco-system trees came out dark (see attached)126155

Light-ER-Wave
12-18-2014, 12:57 PM
ok, can someone just point me to the correct settings for this solution? i just find it hard to believe that e-on sells this program to BIG TIME 3D creators and none of them have this problem.

P.S. i am still trying to get in touch with e-on software

CaptainMarlowe
12-18-2014, 02:19 PM
well i tried to DL the trial version...but the website does not offer the option to DL the Vue Xtreme 2014.

Not the trial version, the personal learning edition. You choose xtsream during the install process.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/try/vue_2014_ple/

This said, as RebelHill mentioned, you may still have the flickering issues from Vue elements. Vue has a very touchy renderer, and you sometimes need a lot of tweaking to get a flicker-free animation.
Exactly the reason why I dumped Vue after Vue 5 Infinite to focus entirely on LW. At hat time Cornucopia3D forums where focused a lot on how to get a flicker-free animation.
You can grab some advice here :

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5649

caustics
12-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Taken from the Vue 2014 Complete Manual ...

Advanced Animation Options

Flicker Reduction

The options in this group let you activate special algorithms to attempt to reduce the dreaded flickering that is so typical of computer graphics animations. While the ultimate solution to eliminate flickering is simply to increase anti-aliasing settings sufficiently, this has a tremendous impact on render times. The methods described below are hacks that will attempt to reduce flickering without having such a dramatic impact on render times:

There are several other sections dealing with flickering in the manual.

Regards.

Light-ER-Wave
12-18-2014, 04:11 PM
thank you all for ALL of the help. i will continue to play/fiddle with the AA settings until i get my desired look. after that...im going FULL lightwave ><