PDA

View Full Version : Display Time Code in DDR

NCTVSTR
12-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi,
Is there any way to display the file timecode in DDR rather that CTL or to be able to switch between both. If not do you plan to implement this feature. We record our files with Timecode and sometimes we need to review our record from the internal DDR and to locate a specific part according to the timecode noticed during recording sessions.

Thank you

NCTVSTR
01-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Hi,
Is there any way to display the file timecode in DDR rather that CTL or to be able to switch between both. If not do you plan to implement this feature. We record our files with Timecode and sometimes we need to review our record from the internal DDR and to locate a specific part according to the timecode noticed during recording sessions.

Thank you

Hi
Happy New Year Newtek !!!
Any answer for that feature?

Thanks

Best regards

JonRaidel
01-07-2015, 03:19 PM
on the 8000 you can select the DDR Timecode as a monitor in the multiview. on the other models. timecode is located below the ddr display

NCTVSTR
01-07-2015, 08:24 PM
on the 8000 you can select the DDR Timecode as a monitor in the multiview. on the other models. timecode is located below the ddr display

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but what you can see on the multiview or below the DDR display is not Time Code. It is CTL. You can have it reversed (count down) but you can't read the real TC. When I record from the Tricaster, I have embedded TC in my MOV files which is readable from QT Player or FCP but not in the Tricaster.
As I was explaining in my first post, during recording you may script some details and scriping is made based on Time Code. When you need to replay, in the Tricaster, a recording session and locate some parts using Time Code, you can't.

We should have the choice, as it was on former VTRs, to display either Time Code or CTL.