PDA

View Full Version : Realflow particles into usable lw particles

squarewulf
12-11-2014, 03:41 PM
I am having trouble getting realflow particles into lightwave. I don't care to mesh the particles all I want is the pfx data from my simulation. There is an old DP script called particle scan but it seems to no longer work with realflow. I am using the RFRK and I can see the "particles" in lightwave, but they are completely useless, I can't instance onto them, I cant apply turbulence to them and I can't apply hypervoxels to them. what gives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am on a deadline and this is really a kick in the nuts.

Mr_Q
12-11-2014, 05:26 PM
You should be using the Master plugin, "Next Limit Plug-in Manager (v1.5.1)" and simply do the Particle Import. There you can chose Hypervoxels or Partigons. Works here.

squarewulf
12-11-2014, 05:50 PM
You should be using the Master plugin, "Next Limit Plug-in Manager (v1.5.1)" and simply do the Particle Import. There you can chose Hypervoxels or Partigons. Works here.

Mine is v1.2.0. These are the only options I get 126025

It only seems to register the particles when I render the scene. 126023

Other wise it shows there to be 0 particles 126024

EDIT: also it crashes if I render it more than once.

EDIT: I GOT IT! I feel so silly. For some reason nextlimits site had me download an out of date version. I got the newer version and BAM it worked. Thanks Mr_Q!