PDA

View Full Version : 3d world, 3d artist, and online articles

rednova
12-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Dear Friends:

I have subscriptions to both 3d world and 3d artist.
I do not have space for any more magazines, and from now on I want to save my money.
Is there anything close to these magazines, online and free ?
Thank you !!!

ernpchan
12-10-2014, 09:28 AM
I go to 3d total.com

Does your local library carry those magazines?

roboman
12-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Most of the time there is really only one or two things in the magazine that interests me. So I get a couple three ring binders and some plastic page holders and put those pages in the binder. It's kind of shocking, a whole wall of magazines can fit into just a few binders. Doesn't help you on the money side....

JohnMarchant
12-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Used to love NewTeKniques, HDRI3D. Problem is now they are so broad brush that there is very little in each magazine of interest to warrant the subscription. I let my last one 3D World expire and did not renew. Id rather spend the money on a good LW Centric video tutorial.

paulk
12-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Dear Friends:

I have subscriptions to both 3d world and 3d artist.
I do not have space for any more magazines, and from now on I want to save my money.
Is there anything close to these magazines, online and free ?
Thank you !!!

3D World, at least, has an online subscription option. Maybe you can switch over from dead trees or at least renew to the online version.

Waves of light
12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Still got copies of HDRI3D somewhere in the office.

What about digital versions of your favourite 3d magazines?

rednova
12-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi:
Thank you all for replying. I really love 3d total.com
I will definitely get online subscription to 3d world, as soon as my current subscription expires.
Thank you !!!

50one
12-11-2014, 04:18 AM
I'm subscribed to paper copy of 3DA and to be honest I'll be canceling my sub soon, why?

- almost same stuff is on internet(if not now it will be posted within a month...)
- More ads then articles & the "thickness" of the mag got reduced by 30% maybe more
- Now there's no disc but the price stayed the same(only downloads) but in fact there's nothing interesting there - gone are the times where there were some HDRIs or anything useful - one issue ago there was some Ultra-mega-Hires HDRI added and to be honest it was a shot of mirror ball and the quality looked somehow like normal digital camera with 3200 ISO lol

I would cancel it few months ago but keep forgetting haha - this month tho.

Same sh*t happening with 3DW -not worth the money - better save the cash and buy the books they relaese every 6mnths or so with just the tutorials copied - costs around 15 but in fact it's just those interesting pages that someone mentioned in here...