PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity to light hallway

Columbo24
12-09-2014, 10:25 PM
I have some lighting questions
1.I want to light this scene with lights I created for this futuristic hallway not with the LAYOUT LIGHTS. I used radiosity and the pics enclosed have my settings. The screen shots look the same but I have different tabs selected. I can't get the runner lights and ceiling lights to light the scene. What am I missing?
2.I want electrical current,plasma pulses and laser beams in this scene. What's the best program for this? Can it be done in lightwave? I'd like it to to look as real as possible.
Thanks
Bill

SonicMotion
12-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Try turning the intensity up to like 400%.

meshpig
12-10-2014, 01:12 AM
More RPE's and the maximum pixel spacing; try 4 since the minimum is 3. You can also use effects/image filter/full precision gamma to affect the ambient light.

djwaterman
12-10-2014, 01:54 AM
I think you have reflectivity on the surface of the walls, that can disguise what's going on. Take the reflectivity off to confirm that the lighting is having an effect. If you can see it's working, then turn your reflectivity back on and play with those setting if required.

Here's a scene I made that is similar.

Turning up the GI will make a difference. Also, color space is going to make a major difference too, the sRGB preset enhances what light is there. I turned on Directional rays in the GI setting, it didn't really do anything obvious but I think that's meant to work with illuminated practical light geometry.

SquishyAni
12-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Also, your VPR settings need have DRAFT MODE turned off to get the proper GI feedback. Upping the RPE will slow down VPR, so I usually work with about 50 RPE and Multiplier to 25% to get faster VPR feedback. Then for the final render, up the RPE and the Multiplier to what looks best for you.

Columbo24
12-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks everyone , all the suggestions helped.

Danner
12-11-2014, 02:50 AM
It's usually for the best to use two types of luminous shapes, one for the camera to see that don't go over 100% brightness, and another unseen by camera where you are free to go over 100% this will reduce noise, jaggies and artifacts in general.

Also, If you do use lights, in the GI settings "Directional Rays" will make lights bounce on mirrors and other reflective surfaces.

prometheus
12-11-2014, 07:53 AM
1.laser beams ..you could fiddle with volumetric lights, play around with presets, and modify to what yo want..

2.or use geometry like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcRlbQZGG7I

3. do the laser beams in after effects or similar program like fusion which is free.