PDA

View Full Version : Question on HyperVoxels and Render Status display in LW 2015

JamesCurtis
12-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I was playing with Hypervoxels in LW 2015 and noticed that during rendering of a single Null object made into an HV, the render status windows shows a varied MB total when rendering. I tried a few times and once was 179M and another was 635M. In the previous LW 11.6.2 version this was showing as 0k [zero k]. I was wondering if there is an issue with HV's in LW2015 or if the new version LW is showing what it should be and that the earlier LW was incorrect - or the other way around! I also noticed differences in scenes loaded between the two versions in general. LW 2015 is always higher. Also noticing stats when hitting "w" key are much different as well.

Are there any differences in the default scene settings between the two versions - or is there an issue with LW 2015 vs. LW11.6.2 ?

MSherak
12-09-2014, 05:56 PM
It is now correctly showing you the amount of memory being used in total. 11.xx and before was showing you the memory that the objects took up. So hence the value of 0k when using a null. Now in 2015 it's taking all memory using elements. Which is a better way to show than just what was loaded. Mainly older versions use to to see how much a sub-d model would add to the memory pool. Well machines have up to 64gb of ram so really no need to watch just the things loaded... Need to know total memory footprint. This can change just by click something simple like fog or backdrop. So LW has always been doing this, just before it was hiding it from you..

There are some scene differences when it comes to the instancing I think.. Other than that I don't think there are other than the version rev.

-M

JamesCurtis
12-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info. Kinda as I suspected though. Is this mentioned in the new manual?

MSherak
12-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the info. Kinda as I suspected though. Is this mentioned in the new manual?

Did not scan it to see if it was or not.