PDA

View Full Version : help me write a story

rednova
12-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi all:

I want to do a christmas animated special with lightwave, only 30 seconds to 1 minute.
I am intermediate with lightwave, but also have thousands of lw models, royalty free and
covering all kind of topics, all high quality.
The only problem is: I do not know what to write for the story/animation.
Can anyone please help me ?
Write a short story for my animated special ?
Thank you !!!

XswampyX
12-09-2014, 03:16 PM
What about a Christmas tree story?

You could have a load of them being planted one year, and the tree dreaming of what it would be like to be in someone's house for xmas, all decorated up.

But our little Xmas tree doesn't get picked! Oh no! Life's so unfair!

Evey year we see his friends (other trees get carted off and sold, put up in houses and then decorated, with the excited children.... but then disposed of ... think shredder, fire, bin men, chopped up or just left out side.

After say five/six different years/tree endings, we cut to our tree and see that it's too big to be used as a Xmas tree and is then left..... 100 years later. It's the biggest/ proudest tree in the forest.
The moral of the story is.... Do you want me to do every thing for you? :D

rednova
12-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Dear friend XswampyX:

I really like this story, thank you for sharing !!!
I recently installed the DPverdure kit, so that will help me make the trees !!!
I will definitely use your story !!! :)

XswampyX
12-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Glad you liked it, but somebody might come up with a better one? I'd give it a bit more time, it's only been like 20 minutes.

You could try "add to my story?"

You post the start...

A boy in a field looking for his dog...

Then somebody else posts....

He shouts out the dog's name, but hears two different barks from opposite directions....

Then somebody else posts....

He follows after the loudest bark. Obviously. Thinking to himself "Why did I buy two dogs?".

etc ... etc...

shrox
12-09-2014, 04:22 PM
When I see a Christmas tree discarded on the curb, I often think it looks like it was robbed and pushed out of a speeding car.

That's a story right there.

3djock
12-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Hi all:

I want to do a christmas animated special with lightwave, only 30 seconds to 1 minute.
I am intermediate with lightwave, but also have thousands of lw models, royalty free and
covering all kind of topics, all high quality.
The only problem is: I do not know what to write for the story/animation.
Can anyone please help me ?
Write a short story for my animated special ?
Thank you !!!
Are you doing that for a contest?

RebelHill
12-09-2014, 05:17 PM
My beer drunk soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees of the world.

hazmat777
12-09-2014, 05:37 PM
My beer drunk soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees of the world.

Make sure you don't walk through a spider web on your way for a re-fill or you won't just be sad. Probably really angry too. Not a good combination from my experience.:D

XswampyX
12-09-2014, 05:37 PM
That's pretty sad.....

It would make a great render though. :D

shrox
12-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Make sure you don't walk through a spider web on your way for a re-fill or you won't just be sad. Probably really angry too. Not a good combination from my experience.:D

I walked through a web while wearing a black t shirt. It was perfectly centered and I only noticed it when someone pointed out my cool spider web shirt.

Davewriter
12-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes, that's true. But we all love you and like Santa, we believe in you.
But that's only because you bring us nice gifts!

Davewriter
12-09-2014, 08:04 PM
But more to the point...
Is it or a contest? A church project?
How do you envision it being used or seen?
Might have something to do with the story should be shaped.
And how would you rate your skill level?
Do you want to get into Character Animation or leave it more as visuals?
Dang but I'm sounding all nosy, aren't I.
But it might help in giving you a story that you could work out quickly. That 'ole 25th is just around the rendering corner.

Ernest
12-10-2014, 08:32 AM
What about a Christmas tree story?

You could have a load of them being planted one year, and the tree dreaming of what it would be like to be in someone's house for xmas, all decorated up.

But our little Xmas tree doesn't get picked! Oh no! Life's so unfair!

Evey year we see his friends (other trees get carted off and sold, put up in houses and then decorated, with the excited children.... but then disposed of ... think shredder, fire, bin men, chopped up or just left out side.

After say five/six different years/tree endings, we cut to our tree and see that it's too big to be used as a Xmas tree and is then left..... 100 years later. It's the biggest/ proudest tree in the forest.
The moral of the story is.... Do you want me to do every thing for you? :D

The big, proud tree looks down and sees an acorn rolling near its roots.

"You look familiar," she said.

The acorn looks up and says, "I'm Ralf's son. Dad told me so much about you! You grew up together, if I'm not mistaken."

"Good ol' Ralf. I can't believe it. We used to dream about being Christmas trees and tease about who would be chosen first. He definitely won that one."

"Fancy that. I never thought I'd ever meet one of dad's old friends. As an acorn you don't have much choice regarding transportation."

"So tell me about Ralf," she pleaded. "So he's living the dream? I want to hear everything about the life of a Christmas tree!"

The acorn coughed. "Well, I haven't really seen dad in over a hundred years but... oh boy... uhm... at least that first Christmas was nice!"

rednova
12-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Listen:
Thank you all for your prompt responses.
This project is not for a contest or church.
Is just a personal project, just for fun.
Cheers !!!

Davewriter
12-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Just as an off the cuff:

Establishing shot of Santa's place at the north pole.
Santa walks in, not looking very happy. The Mrs. turns but before she can ask.
"It's horrible! A complete disaster! I'll have to call off Christmas this year!"
Mrs. Claus asks, "What's wrong dear?"
"My glasses! One of the reindeer accidently stepped on them! How can I do Christmas if I can't see?"
A series of quick shots follows:
Little boy getting a dress
Little girl getting army toys
A shot of Santa stepping towards a chimney, but not seeing the smoke.
Shot of a fireplace with fire... followed a few seconds later by a loud yell of pain!
"There, there dear. Maybe it's not that bad." Mrs. Claus reaches into a pocket and pulls out a rectangular box.
Santa opens the box to find a new pair of glasses, which he tries on and they fit perfectly.
"But how did you know?"
"It runs in the family dear. Now best you get going. Don't want to be late."
With a "Ho Ho Ho" he's on his way.
Mrs. Claus looks to camera. "Not as if it's the first time that's happened. And sometimes it's the little things that can make Christmas special. Merry Christmas to all!"