PDA

View Full Version : Mesiah: Animate for Mac?

tumblemonster
11-29-2003, 08:18 PM
I have been looking forward to this animation plugin since it was announced almost a year ago. At the time, their site said "Mac Version soon". Unfortunately, their new web site has NO information about a Mac version of their plugin. I have sent several e-mails to them on the subject in the last few months, and have received no reply.

It would be a shame if this awesome animation plugin didn't make it to the mac. It was reviewed in Keyframe Magazine and got great marks. Has anyone heard anything about the mac version? Do we perhaps need to get a campaign going or something, like we did with ATI?

-tm

Ade
11-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Did they ever express a mac version interest?

tumblemonster
11-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Yes, as I said in the first post, they had "Mac Version Coming Soon" on their website for a very long time. The original Mesiah plugin was for Mac as well. Now there is nothing, and I get no reply.

-tm

Paul Goodrich
11-29-2003, 11:37 PM
They've been promising a Mac version since 2000. I wouldn't hold my breath. I had one on order after Siggraph 2001, after 6 months they tried to send me a PC version and charge my credit card. When I told them I had ordered the Mac version they said oh well here's the PC version we'll send you the Mac one when it comes out. I refused and it's now the end of 2003 and still no Mac version. It's not nor ever has been a prioity to them, good luck
Paul Goodrich

Ade
11-30-2003, 02:41 AM
Stuff em then if they have that attitude....

Chazz
11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
They announced that Messiah Studio was coming when Mac OSX hit the stores. I bought the PC plugin years ago because they honor those as upgradeable.

There's a forum on CGTalk about this program. The last I heard about it was that they were ironing out the PC version (which just had it's first non-beta release) and there is still plans to port to OSX. It'll probably be awhile...from what I gather there are only a few people working for the company.

Triple G
12-01-2003, 11:08 PM
I think the best thing that could happen to Messiah (and Mac users wanting to use it) would be for the company to be bought out by Newtek and the technology integrated into future revisions of Lightwave. They just don't seem to have the staff or the $$ to properly develop, promote, and support their product, IMHO.