PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem with IFW2 Basket

Ma3rk
12-06-2014, 07:30 PM
I've run into this before but wasn't sure how to quite describe it.

Here's a YouTube link this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FHuHWLrhb0

In essence, the texture settings aren't getting retained. They keep reverting back to some sort of default as soon as I change to a new frame, select a different object, move anything, etc. If I F9 render, the result is the default and not what I set.

Haven't tried every node, but so far this is the only one causing problems.

Not an openGL issue as rendering from any other mode ends up with the same result.

I'll drop RJJ a note later on, but wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if there's a solution.

shadersrjj
12-07-2014, 11:18 AM
There is a problem with the VPR and the fact that is not thread safe.

Can you repeat the video again but when you move to a new frame click on the VPR windows and see if when the VPR updates in displays correctly?

shadersrjj
12-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the object. It took me a while to figure out but here goes........

As I said the problem is with the VPR render and the node preview. In the node preview there is no UV mapping so I test to see if it's a preview and force cubic mapping. However, the node preview is not thread safe and the VPR is trying to update as the same time. This means that you can get a mix of correct UV mapping and cubic mapping in the VPR window when adjusting the node. However, when you click on the VPR window to update it or move to a new frame the node aren't updating and you get the correct render and this is the same as the F9 render.

I have discussed previously around adding a flag to disable the cubic mapping so the VPR is always correct. Anyone interested in this?

Ma3rk
12-07-2014, 01:47 PM
There is a problem with the VPR and the fact that is not thread safe.

Can you repeat the video again but when you move to a new frame click on the VPR windows and see if when the VPR updates in displays correctly?

Tried that and no help. If I step through the time line, I can spuriously get a correct display, but then the F9 render is back to being incorrect. Nor can I repeatedly get the VPR window to display what I'm after going away and coming back to the same frame.

M.

- - - Updated - - -

I have discussed previously around adding a flag to disable the cubic mapping so the VPR is always correct. Anyone interested in this?

If that fixes the issue, I suppose I would.

Have others encountered this before? Sort of sounds like that might be the case.

M.

Ma3rk
12-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Update:

Via private e-mails, RJJ came up with a simple fix. The problem is with using a UV mapped node. Simply closing the Surface Editor (F5) window yet leaving the Nodal Editor open, the VPR display and resulting F9 render then works correctly.