PDA

View Full Version : LW 2015 - sorting images

Sanchon
12-05-2014, 01:30 AM
LightWave 2015 has great feature for sorting images in Image Editor. But why all of the image pop-ups menus from surface editor and nodes still have unsorted image lists ? The main problem with images in big scenes is no Image Editor image list but very long unsorted image lists in all of the other pop-ups menus. Why this great, little feature is not fully implemented ?

Sensei
12-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Because they are probably listed by LWImageID resource pointer.. popName( index ) returning string for given image with such index. In order they were loaded to app.

Add feature request on fogbugz and it will be done.

jeric_synergy
12-05-2014, 12:17 PM
This would be a great feature request. How specifically would you implement it?

Meanwhile, is it possible to use Image Editor as a picker???..... I'm thinking not. :(

Snosrap
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Better yet, make that pop list a list of thumbnails. Sensei, do you think if I add a feature request on fogbugz and it will be done? I didn't think so either. :)

Sensei
12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Better yet, make that pop list a list of thumbnails. Sensei, do you think if I add a feature request on fogbugz and it will be done? I didn't think so either. :)

Sorting list prior sending it to pop-control will be piece of cake in comparison to having thumbnails.
But it would be really nice.

Snosrap
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Sorting list prior sending it to pop-control will be piece of cake in comparison to having thumbnails.
But it would be really nice.

New toolkit needed? QT?