PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Pro Magazine??

markdod
11-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Anyone out there know what is up with Newtek Pro magazine? I have not received an issue for months and now all emails directed at them are bounced back. I see their web site is still up and they are still taking subscription orders. Is it true what I read a few months ago about Lee Stranihan taking over the magazine? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Beamtracer
11-29-2003, 07:32 PM
There used to be numerous other threads on this forum about Newtekpro Magazine.

I was going to just post a link to point Mark towards the earlier threads. However, most of them seem to have been deleted.

A year and a half ago Newtekpro magazine took subscription money from many Lightwavers but failed to deliver the magazines. Really, a year and a half has been enough time to deliver the goods. I think everyone's been very patient, actually.

If you paid for anything else, and after a year and a half it hadn't turned up, wouldn't you be angry? Lightwavers have a right to be angry.

It's bizarre that these threads have been deleted. I assume this one will also soon be deleted. Why?

Newtek: This is not the best way to foster a good relationship with customers. I assumed that the Newtekpro non-delivery debacle was not of Newtek's making. So why delete threads on the subject? This will only rub salt into everyone's wounds.

Gabe
11-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Hehe... I enjoyed the first six issues... but now I'm glad I didn't renew it. Ah well, I get 99% of my Lightwave info online anyway.

SplineGod
11-30-2003, 03:07 AM
Hi Mark,
Lee had been talking to them about taking over but it never happened.

Jörg
11-30-2003, 10:16 PM
i have payed for the second season, and recive 1 magazine !!! this is very lame!!! i hope it is going on with the newtekpro magazin!!!!!!???????? i wait for one year of a new issue!!or what is with my money??????

Ideas Unlimited
12-10-2003, 09:30 AM
It makes you ask the question how much money have they made in interest alone on all the funds they have received from us all. I feel the worst part is that we have not been kept informed of the situation. But for my part I was very unsure about resubcribing to the other magazine I get incase the same thing happens with them, to get both these magazines exported to England you are talking over £100.00 which I believe to be about $150.00.
money I can not afford to waste.:mad: :confused: :mad:

dablan
12-10-2003, 10:30 PM
It's too bad - NewTek Pro was a great magazine, and Lee had some great ideas for it.

Hopefully things will work out and we'll see it again.