PDA

View Full Version : Extra Content Disks

JReble
03-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Hey Newtek,

I've been thinkin bout this for a long time but I'm only now getting around to busting your chops over it. :)

What I would really like to see from you guys is a CD or better yet a series of CDs that had a whole bunch of elements for Lightwave and Toaster 2 use. For starters a bunch of complete LW scenes with models and textures incorporated which can be used as a starting point for any number of end user applications. Very similar to the content included with LW and Toaster 2 but more of it. You should especially concentrate on scenes with a variety of effects with hypervoxels, light rays, hair, and all the rest of the troubling items for us users out here. Those scenes would be an invaluable learning tool as we can tweak with them to meet our individual needs and apply parts of models and/or textures or FX to our own work. We would also gain tremendous knowledge by reverse engineering the complete scenes so we can see how certain effects are accomplished from end to beginning rather that tweaking and stumbling as is often the case.

This product could include all sorts of preconstructed scenes for making text, character, lighting, terrain, video and animation effects which could each be easily modified for a particular end use. What I'm invisioning is sorta like digital juice for Lightwave/Toaster and I think only Newtek is in the position of doing it up right. The only thing I've seen that was similar were the old lightrom gold series which were really just a set of other people's models and they weren't the greatest quality. That and they didn't really benefit the end user for their own projects to any degree.

Jump on this would ya!!?? I got my checkbook in hand.

Epita
03-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Thats a really good idea, most of the stuff (bar the cow) is not that usefull. I know a lot of other programs have loads of presets would be nice for LW8 to have them to. Ones that ordanary ppl (for CGI yeah right) could use

Epita

Mylenium
03-06-2003, 01:34 AM
I would agree on that for the most part, however such content really needs to be high quality stuff (like the Siggraph demos). On the other hand this will not necessarily help all users. I think what is really missing is some decent tutorials explained step by step. Maya has a "Lerning Maya" book, Cinema 4D has a tutorial book and many other progs also. Lightwave has no such thing and both the tutorials in the manual and on their website are not very well thought out because they always assume more or less extensive knowledge of LW or 3D programs in general. As for Things like Surfaces, HVs, PFX and SasLite - more extensive use of Presets will make most users happy (another thing where other programs are far ahead).

Mylenium

JReble
03-12-2003, 09:08 AM
I still don't see these disks for sale Newtek and it's been over a week!! ;)