PDA

View Full Version : HDRI Light Studio not working in Lightwave 2015 Trial Mode

jboudreau
12-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi Guys

I was testing out HDRI Light Studio demo in Lightwave 2015 trial mode and everything installed ok but the lights were not having any effect on the VPR viewport. It works great in 11.6.3

Is this just a Trial/Demo problem? Does HDR Light Studio work in Lightwave 2015 Registered Version.

Thanks
Jason

elephantboy90
12-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Nope, it seem to be broken in the full version as well.

jboudreau
12-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Nope, it seem to be broken in the full version as well.

WOW! Really. It's as if nothing was tested in the 2015 version. Quite a few bugs in this release

Thanks for letting me know. I'm definitely not upgrading until they work out all these bugs

Jason

Otterman
12-02-2014, 09:39 AM
oh no, is it a lightwave or a fix with the plug in. Might be worth contacting the developing team they are pretty spot on with support...I also know that they are cooking something up with the latest version.

[email protected]

jboudreau
12-02-2014, 09:59 AM
oh no, is it a lightwave or a fix with the plug in. Might be worth contacting the developing team they are pretty spot on with support...I also know that they are cooking something up with the latest version.

[email protected]

Just sent an email to the HDR Light Studio support team

Jason

jboudreau
12-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Update:

HDR Light Studio in version 2015 does not add the plugins to the additional panel it adds them to a separate tab called additional, Not sure how this happened but I had to go back to the default menu config and import the HDR branch.cfg again. This seemed to fix the problem.

Jason

juanjgon
12-03-2014, 03:37 AM
The only problem I know with HDRLS and LW2015 is that the importance sampling background is not updated with every change. There is going to be a new release of HDRLS as soon as possible with this problem fixed. I am not sure what was the problem with the menu branch, but this is not a plugin issue.

-Juanjo

jboudreau
12-03-2014, 05:02 AM
The only problem I know with HDRLS and LW2015 is that the importance sampling background is not updated with every change. There is going to be a new release of HDRLS as soon as possible with this problem fixed. I am not sure what was the problem with the menu branch, but this is not a plugin issue.

-Juanjo

Thanks Juanjo. Yeah me either but you are right it's not a problem with the plugin because the Octane Render Plugin did the exact same thing. I had to set my menu back to default which deletes the extra additional separate tab and then reload the branch in. That seemed to work so far

Can anyone else here please verify if HDRLS is working in Lightwave 2015 because some are saying it's not me and elephantboy90 included.

Thanks
Jason

elephantboy90
12-03-2014, 05:50 AM
OK, I re-imported the menu and it seems to be there now but as Juanjgon noted, nothing updates (not just the importance sampling. I move HDRL lights around and don't see anything change in VPR until I bake the HDRI and apply) . It's not really that usable. I'll try a re-install and see how that goes.

jboudreau
12-03-2014, 05:51 AM
OK, I re-imported the menu and it seems to be there now but as Juanjgon noted, nothing updates (not just the importance sampling. I move HDRL lights around and don't see anything change in VPR until I bake the HDRI and apply) . It's not really that usable. I'll try a re-install and see how that goes.

same thing is happening here as well. I move the lights nothing happens in the VPR window.

juanjgon
12-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Can you please try to disable the "Importance Sampled BG" flag in the Global Illumination options panel?

-Juanjo

madno
12-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Works here.

What I did:

Left the main HDR install untouched (no uninstall, reinstall etc.)
Manually deleted the Windows Firewall rules, the 11.6.2 LW installer had created in the past (it always causes problems like "Discovery Mode out of nowhere" for me if I don't do that)
Did LW 2015 custom install (switched off "sentinel driver" and "VCL redistributables")
Did not copy any plugins from the 11.6.2 install to the new LW 2015 install
Did not copy any menue configs from the 11.6.2 install to the new LW 2015 install
Copied the plugin files into the new LW 2015 plugin dir (it is ..\support\zmy\HDRLightStudioLive\HDRLS_for_LW.p)
Imported the hdrls_menu_branch.cfg the standard LW way
Started LW Layout and it worked including importance sampling. VPR is updating (quite fast with draft mode on)

madno
12-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Forgot to mention,
it is full version of LW 2015 and HDRI Lightsudio, not the trial.

GraphXs
12-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Works here.

What I did:

Left the main HDR install untouched (no uninstall, reinstall etc.)
Manually deleted the Windows Firewall rules, the 11.6.2 LW installer had created in the past (it always causes problems like "Discovery Mode out of nowhere" for me if I don't do that)
Did LW 2015 custom install (switched off "sentinel driver" and "VCL redistributables")
Did not copy any plugins from the 11.6.2 install to the new LW 2015 install
Did not copy any menue configs from the 11.6.2 install to the new LW 2015 install
Copied the plugin files into the new LW 2015 plugin dir (it is ..\support\zmy\HDRLightStudioLive\HDRLS_for_LW.p)
Imported the hdrls_menu_branch.cfg the standard LW way
Started LW Layout and it worked including importance sampling. VPR is updating (quite fast with draft mode on)

I had it crash on me as well. It didn't do it right away, but it crashes faster if I leave IS on. I hope the update fixes this. I do have menus and p=other plugins loaded, but I don't know why that would be an issue?

jboudreau
05-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Can you please try to disable the "Importance Sampled BG" flag in the Global Illumination options panel?

-Juanjo

Hi

I disabled the Importance Sampled BG flg in the Global Illumination panel and that fixed the issue. It now updates in Lightwave 2015.2. Is there a fix for version 4 so we can use HDRI Light Studio with Importance Sampled BG set to on.

Version 4 not 5 since 5 is an outrageous price increase.

UPDATE:

It looks like if you set your global illumination type to Background only then the VPR window updates using HDRI Lightstudio in Lightwave 2015.2 with Importance Sampling BG enabled (This must be why some users above were getting it to work with Importance Sampling BG enabled) but if you have it set to Monte Carlo or Final Gather it does not work. You have to keep disabling and enabling the Importance Sampling BG Checkmark to update
the VPR window.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this in HDRI Light Studio version 4 or do we have to go to version 5 to fix this problem

Thanks,
Jason

eagleeyed
06-18-2015, 09:17 PM
I have not figured out a workaround apart from turning off Importantance Sampling until rendering.

The more annoying part is general instability, whenever I am using the plugin, LightWave 2015.2 seems to crash a awful lot.
Have tried the whole delete config, reinstall plugins to no avail. Is everyone else finding it still stable apart from VPR not refreshing?

Definately not upgrading at their new prices.

jiml
07-06-2015, 06:50 PM
I am having the same issue. Lightmap 5 is sluggish compared to version 4. I am also experiencing random crashes. "Save often, save always." This occurs in both LW 11 and 2015. I purchased the upgrade to 5, but I am more productive using version 4. I may contact them to see if I can get a refund and stick with version 4. It does everything I need.

banjoartboy
07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
check the modo threads...a quick change in configs enabled 4 to work with 901

banjoartboy
07-07-2015, 01:54 PM
btw some answers there on how lightmap is handling 4 users I think there is a website good till sometime in 2016... 5 is seriously out of my budget...

artzgo
08-06-2015, 03:22 PM
It is the same problem when for example, change saturation HDRI maps in the Image Editor, VPR does not update changes, when it is selected Importance sampling