PDA

View Full Version : LW11.6 Transform Tool vs. LW2015

Snosrap
11-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Some observations I made with 2015's Transform Tool vs. LW11.6. It seems to work much better now, but still has it's issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnelOD6EtVc&feature=youtu.be

Marander
12-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Thanks for pointing that out. There are so many modifier tools that are redundant in Modeler. Would be great if all these tools (Bevel, Smooth Shift, Rounder, Chamfer, Multishift etc.) could be reduced into fewer but more powerful ones. Interestingly there is a widget "Quatro" in Layout that looks a bit like the Modo widget. Having this in Modeler within the transform tool could make sense.

Snosrap
12-01-2014, 06:45 AM
There are so many modifier tools that are redundant in Modeler. Would be great if all these tools (Bevel, Smooth Shift, Rounder, Chamfer, Multishift etc.) could be reduced into fewer but more powerful ones.
You got that right!

Interestingly there is a widget "Quatro" in Layout that looks a bit like the Modo widget. Having this in Modeler within the transform tool could make sense.

Thanks for pointing that out, I've never seen that.

jboudreau
12-01-2014, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=Snosrap;1411562]Some observations I made with 2015's Transform Tool vs. LW11.6. It seems to work much better now, but still has it's issues.

Hi

I just saw your video thanks for letting us know that it works better in 2015.

Update: I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not but you can change the gizmo in the transform tool to best suit your needs. Here is a screen grab with a custom gizmo I modeled.

C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6.3\support\gizmos\transf orm.lwo (In this directory you will see an object called transform.lwo) You can model what ever you want and save over the top of the file. Modeler will use this new gizmo when you use the transform tool. Also I would backup your original transform.lwo object so you have a copy of it.

Hope this helps
Jason

Snosrap
12-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Yeah I saw this in your thread and responded there. I think this is a good talking point and I'm curious as to what others say in that thread. Thanks for starting it.