PDA

View Full Version : hotkeys for view style in view ports?

leoitch
11-28-2014, 10:17 AM
hi,
just wondering if i can set up hotkeys or keyboard-shortcut so that i can quickly go from wireframe-shade to smooth-shade in my perspective viewport in modeler.

i often go from one to the other to make sure there is no pinching or other errors in my ploygon flow and its a hassle to keep clicking that little tab on at the top of viewport.

tnx much.

ernpchan
11-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Yes, if you hit ctrl and then a numeric number on the number keypad you can set up presets for your Modeler views.

leoitch
11-28-2014, 10:35 AM
ernpchan,
SWEET!! tnx much.

prometheus
11-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Personally I think they should move the display options out of a hidden drop down list, and place it as icons directly clickable in the interface as many other software has it, I have always been more comfortable with that, It would be faster to set the viewport to your desired shading type.

I slows down haveing to go and click to get a drop down menu, then actually reading it correctly to be either wireframe,hidden line,textured wireframe etc and then drag the mouse to select mode, sure icons are not directly readable if it hasnīt got text, but it will only take you
initial working with them and you will later on be more comfortable to go to the icon much faster than reading and finding it in a drop down menu list.

Thats my experience from other software, I simply find it faster and acess it faster that way.