PDA

View Full Version : Spline to spline control can not animate nodes?

lertola2
11-28-2014, 08:41 AM
I was excited about the new spline to spline control feature but I am disappointed that I can find no way to animate the nodes on the spline. It would be very handy if you could use morphs to control the shape of the spline but that does not seem to work. Is there anyway to animate the nodes on the spline item?

raw-m
11-28-2014, 10:29 AM
You have to run Spline to Curve in Layout for animating.

jeric_synergy
11-28-2014, 11:09 AM
?? Is this a 2015 thing, or the existing Spline Control?

raw-m
11-28-2014, 11:16 AM
It's a bit of a weird one. In 2015 you can send a curve to Layout a use Spline Control on it without having to convert the curve using Spline to Curve, it seems to follow the rotations quite well. In Layout, there's the usual LW thing of no UI feedback to know its a curve until you point an object to it, using Spline Control.....

jeric_synergy
11-28-2014, 11:24 AM
IIRC, that only applies when you are using the Modeler option.... if you construct the path in Layout using nulls or ANY OTHER ENTITIES, you can of course animate them as normal.

Otherwise, it's Spline To Curve.

One thing I like about this feature is it seemed like actual animators had a hand in designing it.

EDIT: arghg, blew right by your "in 2015" clause.... sorry.

Isn't it that the FIRST curve in an object is the one that applies when using Spline Control?