PDA

View Full Version : Is Genoma working OK in 2015?

Sekhar
11-28-2014, 12:05 AM
I can't get anything Genoma to work in 2015. I tried both full rigs and sub rigs, and regardless what I do I keep getting strange errors like not finding a Python file or error on line 16 or whatever when I try to create rig in Layout. Even a simple right hand is not working like it is shown working in the old NT Genoma video. If it's working for you folks, could you please help me out with the steps to follow?

Sekhar
11-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Guys, I'm evaluating 2015 and would really appreciate if you could check out Genoma to see if it's working and post back. Nothing I try is working, I can't believe it can be so broken given that NT made a big deal about it in the launch video...I hope it's user error. Regardless, the stuff that's broken in 2015 seems to be piling up.

RebelHill
11-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Works ok here for me... but I do know others have had similar problems, particularly mentioning that py file not found thing... Seems to be a lot of variability in results that folk are getting.

I recommend trash ur configs, etc... adn possibly do a scan all plugins within the LW directory itself.

Sekhar
11-28-2014, 04:34 PM
Works ok here for me... but I do know others have had similar problems, particularly mentioning that py file not found thing... Seems to be a lot of variability in results that folk are getting.

I recommend trash ur configs, etc... adn possibly do a scan all plugins within the LW directory itself.

Thanks a lot for the response. Not sure it's a configs thing since 2015 is new, but I trashed them anyway and tried again...didn't help. Seems to be an issue with the old Genoma rigs: e.g., I tried the old spider object in the 2015 content and ran into the similar errors on create rig in Layout; but the new Genoma 2 human object created rig fine without issues.

Before I log this as an issue, would you mind trying just adding a right hand sub rig from the presets and seeing if you can create a rig in layout with it?

Sekhar
12-02-2014, 07:36 PM
OK, I had logged this issue, and apparently NewTek is already fixing it and adding the fix to the patch that's coming.

bobakabob
12-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Lino has reported issues with FK in biped arms and is working on a fix.

kahalany
12-12-2014, 03:29 AM
Have the same problem here. Just upgraded and installed alongside my 11.6.3. Seems like Genoma is broken. Keep getting this error message: "Unknown command:Generic_Py_ConvertTagsToNulls" following other Python errors, no matter what I do.

UPDATE: Deleting both 11.6.3 and 2015 CFG files and rescanning 2015's plugins solved this problem. However, updating the Elf rig from the sample content caused the first crash. Also, the classic scene editor is EXTREMELY slow compared to 11.6.3.

Still early in the process.. but so far, 2015 doesn't live up to my expectations